Clips you watch on repeat

RedRooster

• Paid Members

A bit of an unusual one but it's this for me - the New Age Outlaws' entrance at Royal Rumble 2000. Leading to a pretty forgettable match against The Acolytes, Royal Rumble 2000 was one of the first wrestling video tapes I owned and this entrance in particular has always stuck with me. I remember watching this bit over and over again. It's just so unbelievably cool and encapuslates everything that drew me in to pro wrestling as a wee man.  The music, the entire crowd singing along, that D.O.Double G commanding the arena on the mic, the swearing, then the whole "Ladies and gentlemen" spiel - again with the entire audience shouting along - ending with a colossal "Suck It!". That minute and a half is wrestling perfection to me and sums up why it was so great. I'll often today still watch this clip and it never fails to make me smile. 

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Awards Moderator

TLC II is probably the match I rewound and rewatched every spot of, over and over again. Must have watched this bit from near the end dozens of times on my WrestleMania X-Seven video. Craziest thing I'd ever seen. I've seen crazier since, but this match is still the pinnacle of stunt wrestling.

• Paid Members
On 5/17/2023 at 12:08 PM, DavidB6937 said:

Chills every fucking time.

9 hours ago, JLM said:

I never get tired of hearing the sound of a crowd pop for a genuine surprise and losing their minds. Edge's return is a perfect example of that. I also love the Attitude era main events that would descend into chaos, so combining that with Kane returning sends me home happy.

As I avoid all possible spoilers like the plague, I had no idea this was going to happen the other year

Gonna have to link, 'cos it's not on YouTube, but I love the reaction to Ciclope unmasking at Slamboree '98. That's wrestling done right.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/chris-jericho-receives-an-unwanted-surprise-slamboree-1998

You can divide this match into clips, or watch the whole thing, it's an absolute treasure. Everything from the baseball slide from Hell, to Owen countering the spinning heel kick into a German suplex, this is a masterpiece. People don't often talk about the chemistry between Owen and Waltman, but they were amazing together.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

A bit of an unusual one but it's this for me - the New Age Outlaws' entrance at Royal Rumble 2000. Leading to a pretty forgettable match against The Acolytes,

A run, summarized succinctly.

9 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

People don't often talk about the chemistry between Owen and Waltman, but they were amazing together.

Objection your honour. I constantly pimp that match as the best 5 minute match of the 90s, and their rematch on Action Zone was excellent if less of a sprint.

1 hour ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

This is another match where I can watch the whole thing again and again, but those last few minutes are just amazing.

One of HBK’s cleanest superkicks, he hit an equally sweet one on Mysterio a couple of years later as well