CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

Does Punk have value?  Yes - ticket sales, merchandise he does still seem to move numbers.

Does WWE need Punk?  Absolutely no - they are now part of a much larger and more publicly visible corporation that wants as little drama as possible, they have great ratings and are making money hand over fist.

Nobody in the WWE locker room wants to work with him, why introduce the aggravation that Punk always causes in locker rooms, the public embarrassment of his meltdowns, the negative blowback when you eventually have to fire him, just for more t-shirt sales?

Anyway, sounds like they passed so unless Pip fancies a run in Impact or Japan, he's retired again.  Perhaps Bellator could squeeze a few dollars out of getting him beaten up again?

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Loki said:

Does Punk have value?  Yes - ticket sales, merchandise he does still seem to move numbers.

I don't think they care anywhere near about that as they used to. They run fewer live events now than ever before (discounting PandeMania era) so its basically TV tapings and PLEs where "the show"/"the brand" is the draw. It's a content factory. If they gave a toss about individuals being a drawing card in old school thinking, they'd never have unified the two world titles and given the sole title to a bloke that never clocks in for the best part of a year.

4 hours ago, Loki said:

Nobody in the WWE locker room wants to work with him, why introduce the aggravation that Punk always causes in locker rooms, the public embarrassment of his meltdowns, the negative blowback when you eventually have to fire him, just for more t-shirt sales?

Not to sound like a dick, but how do you know that? Granted, there have been a few who have voiced their displeasure, but to say nobody wants to work with him? He's a big name, he'll attract attention. I would wager that there's talent in WWE who would love that spotlight and the prominence of a series of matches with him.

And again, I think we're blowing his antics way out of proportion. He was in WWE for almost ten years and while there was some grumbling and he tends to get all hysterical about certain things, they positioned him in prominent feuds and even put the belt on him. He was clearly unhappy at AEW, but as much as I love watching their product, it's not exactly the best-run company in the world, is it? Not to excuse Punk, but I said ages ago that he'd be much better suited to the corporate structure in WWE where no one is going to "go into business for themselves" in front of a camera and cause him offence. 

Nah, if they bring him in I'm fairly sure there'll be talent who'd love the opportunity to work with him. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Phil Crooks

"What was that empty-headed idiot Erik ten Hag doing in public interviews shitting on Jadon Sancho then expecting *him* to say sorry?"

I desperately want Survivor Series to start, moment of quiet as CULT OF PERSONALITY hits and… Theory and Waller walk out. 

I think if Triple H is half the audience-hating troll that his former father-in-law is, he’ll know what to do.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

19 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I desperately want Survivor Series to start, moment of quiet as CULT OF PERSONALITY hits and… Theory and Waller walk out. 

I think if Triple H is half the audience-hating troll that his former father-in-law is, he’ll know what to do.

Hell no. Don't be wasting it on those two. There's only one man good enough to do it.. again.

In all seriousness though..

No.

WWE are actually in a decent position with the fans at the moment. They don't need to do shit like that right now and I hope they don't.

Makes me laugh Brock Lesnar Guy was there. He only had to wait however many years for it to be real.

Edited by DavidB6937

9 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

it will be very, very funny if he comes in and The Rock main events Wrestlemania over him. 

Even funnier if they book him in a falls count anywhere match and have him fighting in guerilla.

I’m all for a CM Punk troll run. Let’s go. 

9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Even funnier if they book him in a falls count anywhere match and have him fighting in guerilla.

I’m all for a CM Punk troll run. Let’s go. 

Some TV's are knocked onto some random geek who's back there and a comical amount of white powder falls out of his pockets..