Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If you're saying the claim made isn't true, Punk could sue for defamation of character surely? They obviously felt from a legal perspective there was enough to terminate his contract over it.

The precedent for what gets said on a wrestling show not being grounds for a lawsuit was probably set by Hogan's post-Bash At The Beach suit against Russo getting thrown out on the grounds that it was one TV character addressing another, and you can't defame a character, and I imagine any lawyer worth their salt would find that a very easy argument to be made.

I think the question is whether Tony Khan said that bit just for TV, or whether he was repeating a statement made elsewhere for the benefit of the TV audience, and I expect it's the latter, and that's why that specific language was used.

Edited by BomberPat
Posted
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If you're saying the claim made isn't true, Punk could sue for defamation of character surely? They obviously felt from a legal perspective there was enough to terminate his contract over it.

I’m not saying the claim isn’t true or is true. I’m saying that something said on a scripted TV show about play fighting about a character of that show isn’t going to be held up as any kind of evidence in court. Because the show is fiction. 

  • Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Because the show is fiction

Now hang on a minute. 

I distinctly remember John Cena telling me that Osama Bin Laden had been "caught and compromised to a permanent end"

Are you telling me his death was a work? A worked shoot? A shoot shoot? Brother.

  • Paid Members
Posted
37 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Surely he could sue if that were true?

 

36 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Who could sue who?

The power of voodoo?

Who do?

You do!

Posted

I think Tony’s language was vague enough to not be litigious (anyone can be scared of anything to whatever degree they like), so is probably a sign that it’s not as bad as some people want to believe.

Punk choosing not to pursue wrongful a dismissal claim, or fund Ace Steel’s own suit, suggests it’s worst than others want to believe.

I think everyone involved seems happy to consign the whole affair to the dustbin of history. Like a regretful one night stand.

  • Paid Members
Posted
56 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m saying that something said on a scripted TV show about play fighting about a character of that show isn’t going to be held up as any kind of evidence in court.

That's not what I heard in the wake of Bash At The Beach 2000, brother. Everyone sued everyone but ultimate the Hulkster came out on top, like always brother.

Posted
7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

That's not what I heard in the wake of Bash At The Beach 2000, brother. Everyone sued everyone but ultimate the Hulkster came out on top, like always brother.

That’s because he represented himself brother and the pencil necked lawyers shit themselves like a billionaires son being looked at funny by a poor person. Brother. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Like when Hulk sued Man City to take his catchphrase off their kits

I thought it was Liverpool who had “I hate ni**ers” on their shirts during the Suarez Evra feud?

  • Paid Members
Posted
43 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Kenny Omega > Kenny Dalglish.

Cody Rhodes > Cody Gakpo.

I'm going to leave it there before it gets a bit...

s-l1600.jpg

Posted

WWE clearly worried about bullshit sucking the oxygen out of the Survivor Series room and moving hard to crush the Punk talk. Meltzer’s secret sauces have told him Punk reached out and Vince and big Nick told him to fuck off.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...