Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 10/10/2023 at 12:52 PM, Infinity Land said:

KENTA's coming back! Sorry, Hideo Itami. Black & Gold is taking over. 

It's Mike Bennett Kannellis and, more importantly, Maria.

Maybe have him feud with Logan Paul? Perhaps he is in talks with TKO about a UFC commentary job?

Posted

Bringing Punk in right away always seemed a bit odd. WWE doesn't really need that shit at the moment. Maybe in a year or so if the dust settles and the Reigns stuff has run its course then maybe, but I'm sure given their past problems with him AND now AEW's issues with him, everyone is just like fuck that.

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

What is the point of Naka doing the GTS etc?

To be fair, I can't recall of a single instance of WWE using an old wrestler's finisher as a means of teasing their return, but I know of several instances of fans thinking that's what they were doing and it amounting to nothing. 

At most it's easy engagement and getting people talking, without ever actually promising anything, or just a heel wrestler goading an audience. 

Posted
44 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Maybe have him feud with Logan Paul? Perhaps he is in talks with TKO about a UFC commentary job?

This is a phenomenal suggestion. I don't know why, but I'd not even considered it as an option. This would be a tremendous addition to a Wrestlemania card. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

To be fair, I can't recall of a single instance of WWE using an old wrestler's finisher as a means of teasing their return, but I know of several instances of fans thinking that's what they were doing and it amounting to nothing. 

Yep. The conclusions I jumped to when I saw this at the Rumble in 2001. I was convinced the ‘Bad Guy’ would be back in the fold by WrestleMania X7. 

IMG_9035.gif

  • Paid Members
Posted

If WWE *really* wanted to troll Punk they should re-sign him and debut him the night after Wrestlemania.

Posted
10 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

WWE clearly worried about bullshit sucking the oxygen out of the Survivor Series room and moving hard to crush the Punk talk. Meltzer’s secret sauces have told him Punk reached out and Vince and big Nick told him to fuck off.

Are we still putting any stock into what Meltzer says? Besides, if they want to add any kind of element of surprise to his big return, why would they want the media all but confirming it? The best way to throw the neckbeards off the scent is to put the word out to Big Dave that it's all been flushed.

They'd be mental not to bring him in. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, David said:

They'd be mental not to bring him in. 

Would they though?

With where they are in terms of business right now, I can see why they might decide its just more hassle than it's worth.

Posted
24 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Would they though?

With where they are in terms of business right now, I can see why they might decide its just more hassle than it's worth.

Yeah, I think they would. He's clearly still a huge deal in the world of pro wrestling. And the hassle that everyone is speaking about could easily be restricted to his time at AEW. 

I mean, he's always had a rep as a bit of a moaning-faced twat, but it's not as though he has a history of brawling with talent and causing chaos. That was all pretty much limited to AEW, and I'd think WWE know this.

If anything, the biggest risk would be bringing him in, putting him in a decent program and then injury striking him down. But that is a risk to anyone I guess.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Idea : Punk vs Rollins is the match they want.

Problem : Bringing in Punk at Survivor Series and immediately position Seth as his enemy in Chicago gets Seth a heel reaction on the night which they don’t want.

Solution : Have Nakamura be Punks first opponent back and Rollins can wait.

That’s my reasoning behind Shinsuke using Go To Sleep. Unless it was just bants.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...