Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Spare a thought for poor Adam Edgeland. He's got to be the real loser in this. His AEW debut now seems about twenty years ago, and there's just realistically so, so much less to potentially be excited for there. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Spare a thought for poor Adam Edgeland. He's got to be the real loser in this. His AEW debut now seems about twenty years ago, and there's just realistically so, so much less to potentially be excited for there. 

From a fan’s perspective, I’d agree with you. I can only guess that AEW offered him more money though.

Posted
Just now, LCJ said:

From a fan’s perspective, I’d agree with you. I can only guess that AEW offered him more money though.

At his age, and stage of his career, he’d be mental not to go for the bigger pay with a less strenuous workload. 

Posted

It sounded like WWE didn't really have much planned for him and he'd rather be a bit more active and able to go have fun with his best friend before his career ends. I imagine this all feels incredibly lucky to him and he just wants to enjoy the opportunity to wrestle much like Bryan. 

Posted

So... he finally did it and came back. So what do WWE do with him?

Do you put him into a program with main eventers? Do you put him in the midcard to spice up the middle of the card and slowly build him up? Do you hot shot him to the  main event of mania?

If I were Punk, I would of demanded the rumble win and a mania main event myself, but that's just me. I were WWE, I'd use him in the middle of the card to work with the midcard heels and slowly build him up over the next year (or 2).

Thoughts?

Posted

I doubt WWE were offering him the moon and he’ll know his position and worth even if it differs to what most others might think it is. He’s a big name and his return is newsworthy, that will be reflected in his position on the card. There’s no obvious place for him as it is. I did wonder if the discussion over who the leader of The Judgement Day is could lead to one of them being ousted and Punk taking over but they’re not the Nexus and it doesn’t really fit with that group.

My thought is they’ll either make him an unlikely partner to Seth Rollins for a bit or he’ll do the sporting handshake feud until they have a better plan for him.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

It sounded like WWE didn't really have much planned for him and he'd rather be a bit more active and able to go have fun with his best friend before his career ends. I imagine this all feels incredibly lucky to him and he just wants to enjoy the opportunity to wrestle much like Bryan. 

Who the hell is that? At this point, I'd imagine even his dog would rather play fetch by itself.

Edited by Carbomb
  • Paid Members
Posted

Couldn't give a shit. He came back two years ago and it was perfect. He then reminded us for a few months that he's brilliant. Then reminded us for the rest of the time that he's a fucking arsehole.

It's over. I can't imagine what sort of person would want to see him now. But then I can't imagine what sort of person would watch Seth Rollins on a weekly basis so what do I know?

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Who the hell is that? At this point, I'd imagine even his dog would rather play fetch by itself.

David's talking about Copeland there, not Punk.

Posted
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Couldn't give a shit. He came back two years ago and it was perfect. He then reminded us for a few months that he's brilliant. Then reminded us for the rest of the time that he's a fucking arsehole.

It's over. I can't imagine what sort of person would want to see him now. But then I can't imagine what sort of person would watch Seth Rollins on a weekly basis so what do I know?

There’s a remarkable skill in your recent posts, a sort of exquisite venom, that leaves the reader in no doubt that not only do you think wrestling is full of cunts, you think the people watching it - indeed commenting on it on here - are also complete cunts.

It’s impressive. 

Still, looking forward to Raw. 
 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Exquisite Venom was your stripper name back in the day wasn't it Daz? Best 50 quid I've ever spent 

Unfortunately these days I’m just Declining Toxins.

Age is a bark.

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

There’s a remarkable skill in your recent posts, a sort of exquisite venom, that leaves the reader in no doubt that not only do you think wrestling is full of cunts, you think the people watching it - indeed commenting on it on here - are also complete cunts.

It’s impressive. 
 

I mean

Lilly Singh Liar GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, Chris B said:

David's talking about Copeland there, not Punk.

Dang, misread it there.

  • Paid Members
Posted
58 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

There’s a remarkable skill in your recent posts, a sort of exquisite venom, that leaves the reader in no doubt that not only do you think wrestling is full of cunts, you think the people watching it - indeed commenting on it on here - are also complete cunts.

It’s impressive. 

Still, looking forward to Raw. 
 

I absolutely do. But, I include myself, Dazzler. I'm fucking embarrassed that I've followed this garbage all my life and even more depressed that I still care enough to even read about it. Never gonna lie about my opinion but I also resist the urge to reply about 50 times a day because I know how tiresome that would be.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...