Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

They should start building towards Punk vs Logan Paul for Wrestlemania night one main event as soon as possible. Because while it wouldn't be against an actual wrestling legend or big name, it would be a huge celebrity match that would generate massive interest against someone who's really, really good, and he might go for that. The story avenues write themselves. The match would be excellent.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They should start building towards Punk vs Logan Paul for Wrestlemania night one main event as soon as possible. Because while it wouldn't be against an actual wrestling legend or big name, it would be a huge celebrity match that would generate massive interest against someone who's really, really good, and he might go for that. The story avenues write themselves. The match would be excellent.

Make it a shoot fight!

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't think this counts as ratings chat, but ESPN have reported that Punk returning at Survivor Series had 71 million views across all platforms and is their biggest ever social media interaction. Obviously half of those is Scorchers hate watching, but that is a big number. Reports that Punk isn't a a big deal for the current generation of WWE fans doesn't appear to be true. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I don't think this counts as ratings chat, but ESPN have reported that Punk returning at Survivor Series had 71 million views across all platforms and is their biggest ever social media interaction. Obviously half of those is Scorchers hate watching, but that is a big number. Reports that Punk isn't a a big deal for the current generation of WWE fans doesn't appear to be true. 

Yeah he's clearly still a huge deal, I just think he's going to be more...democratised?...in WWE. 

You really got the sense when he came into AEW that if he stayed injury free (he didn't) and was a good boy (he wasn't) he could have effective creative control simply by being if not bigger than the company then surely just the same size as it. The exact embodiment of AEW's ethos and alternative nous in the form of one wrestler. 

In WWE  no one guy's going to be the guy ever again I think to that extent. Brock and Roman are the closest they've come in the last few years but you still get the sense with both of them - as well protected as they've generally been - that they're part time prize fighters on hire who they're still quite capable of moving on without if needs be. So Punk can be big in WWE but he's going to feel much more part of a whole, I think, which some people may have to get used to. 

Raw spoilers:

Spoiler

I think the Nashville crowd were a good indication of this. I'm not saying they were bad for Punk. By any standard he got a great response. But was it actually that far off Orton's pop on the same show? I don't think so. In fact I think Randy probably had more overall crowd excitement between breaths in his promo. I'll have to watch it back though. But that's WWE land out the door. It's not a negative or a complaint - not at all - because Orton's the epitome of a company guy who deserves love from that crowd, but I thought it was interesting to note. 

I don't think Punk's going to be the centre of their universe ever again. That time's surely passed, and the throne's going to Cody. He could be excellent foil for him, though. Really I see him being the Kevin Owens guy but at a slightly higher level if it all works out. The guy who has the grudge match sub main, who you can turn on a dime and slot into a title picture if needs be. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

gest ever social media interaction. Obviously half of those is Scorchers hate watching, but that is a big number. 

Talking of living rent free in someone’s head…

Just to clarify I haven’t watched it on any social platforms, I switched on Survivor Series  after Collision finished and watched it live thanks to my mates WWE Network log in. The best way.

@DavidB6937 as I said in an earlier post, I watched the first hour, the crowd were dead for nearly all the tag team turmoil. I was focused more on the crowd then some of the teams wrestling but I blame DIY for that. Complete bust on the main roster.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
  • Paid Members
Posted
38 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

The crowd were definitely pretty subdued but I'm not sure how much of that was down to him going on right at the end. We all know Raw is tough going for 3 hours.

They played his music too loud. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So you can imagine that wrestling fans of all sides are taking this information with kindness and respect and not how awful a human BD is 

 

Looks like William 'I am not a grass' Regal really did teach him everything he knows!

Posted
44 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So you can imagine that wrestling fans of all sides are taking this information with kindness and respect and not how awful a human BD is 

 

Does seem a bit inappropriate to have a potential corporate rival decide your future. But again we only know so much.

  • Members
Posted

Seeing as no one here works for AEW (apart from Carbomb) we'll never know how much he was involved but from how it reads he was just on a committee as an employee. The way that cunt Sapp makes it read is he was solely responsible. Fuck him.

Not exactly a big revelation is it?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...