CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Keep the Balor, Priest and Rhea chat to other less important threads, please. I click this thread to see what's happening with Punk.

There's nothing less important about Damian Priest. He's great.

• Paid Members

Good God. Take all of my money.

All those years when pro-wrestling was absolute dog shit. The literal decades of dross you had to sit through. It’s all been worth it. It’s paid off. We’re living in the promise land.

*Still not convinced he’ll make it to Mania. Fully prepared for Seth to say or Tweet something during their feud that kicks off another meltdown.

• Paid Members

Nah, Punk wants that Mania main event, even if its dilluted with all that night 1/night 2 craic these days compared to when he was last on the roster. Nothing that dullard twat Rollins could do to deter him from at least sticking around til then I reckon.

Austin/Punk would be ridiculous for the promos alone. Austin has so much material to work with compared to his Owen's match.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Lot of fun going back through all this. Him getting unmasked by Big Show always makes me laugh.

I've literally just finished this and it's a fun watch and a brief outlook on some of the stuff punk did before he left.

I'm not sure what the reason is as to why I've been so emotional watching both the return at survivor series and then again on raw, even though the end result with him closing raw was fucking underwhelming to say the least and almost definitely putting it kindly but again as soon as his music hit I was sat with tears until the copyright image came on and it was done.

It could be partially due to the fact I'm currently going through a absolute stinker of a time in my life so because how much I wanted him to come back and had so many people and places saying it's not happening so get it out your head before you ruin the PPV they got me.

I think it could be more due to a mini breakdown but I'm happy he's back, really happy and I know we all know what's just taken place with him in aew but I fucking hope he is around for wrestlemania just to get his main event then what will happen will happen but as a fan and I think for him personally he needs that to happen to move forward and start to let go of the shit that's held him back and kept him away from the business he clearly loves still.

Give me punk Vs Austin and I'll fucking die happy happy Man 

What’s fascinating is, negotiations with Punk, Nick Khan and Triple H seem to have gone;

”We’ll give you everything you ever dreamed of…”

”What’s the catch?”

”Just don’t be a prick…”

”Well, I’ll guess we’ll see about that.”

You’d be hard pressed to say that the Axis of Khan’s hasn’t been the best thing ever for professional wrestling. One the one hand, the cliche we always used to trot out about proper competition potentially forcing the WWE to up their game has proven to be true, and on the other the addition of an outside grown-up at a senior level also seems to have allowed the WWE to stop acting so petty at times.

Brilliant. We’re living through the golden age.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

KO is asked about this weeks returns

In fairness, Punk was gone by the time Owens made it to WWE, and Orton has been a mainstay for the majority of his main roster run, so while I appreciate there is a backstory there, it's probably far more a case of he likes and is close with Randy (who he has worked with loads) and hasn't worked with/seen Punk in years, than something necessarily indicative of a beef there.

Owens seems like a pretty professional dude, I doubt he's refusing to do business or starting aggro with anyone unless provoked.

That interview question, and the follow up has very much been framed in a way to shit stir (and I'm not against such tactics but it's very deliberate) for clicks. 

15 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Owens seems like a pretty professional dude, I doubt he's refusing to do business or starting aggro with anyone unless provoked.

I'd also argue that he seems to be one of the nicest guys out there from everything I've seen and the way people talk about him. So it's absolutely no surprise he wouldn't be the type to sit there and slag Punk off. He's smarter than that. It's likely only coming if it's part of a worked feud.