2023 Royal Rumble

gmoney

8 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

People need to put the glue down if they think Roman is going to wrestle both nights and lose twice in a row 

Has there been anything to suggest they’re splitting the belts again? Or it is just from people fantasy booking?

Completly agree though. He hasn’t been pinned in over 3 years, there’s no way he’s losing twice in the same weekend

28 minutes ago, Rockbus2 said:

Let Reigns lose to someone else at Mania then do the Sami story.

I don’t think it’s got the steam to go beyond Wrestlemania.

When Cody got injured and it was reported that the likely recovery time would see him back at the Royal Rumble, he seemed nailed on for the win. But with The Bloodline story having being so well handled and so well performed by everyone, how can you not go with that culminating at the biggest show.

I might’ve said this in another thread, but I don’t think Sami should be the one to beat Roman for the belt(s), but I do think that the match between him and Roman should be a focus of the show.

For all the talk of The Rock showing up, which personally I’m not fussed about, having Sami and Cody go down to the last two would be electrifying (pardon the expression). Do you run the risk of splitting the crowd? Possibly. Or you have them pick their favourite out of the two and go with them. With those two in the ring, they’re more than capable of putting two different finishes together and going with whichever way the wind is blowing. 
If they go with Sami, you can go with Cody earning his shot over the following months with his “do the work” schtick and program him with Roman over the Summer.

Or, The Rock comes back tonight and ruins everything

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Are we running predictions this year?  Bagsy Naomi in the Women's as a surprise.

I'll take Nia Jax as my surprise.

2 hours ago, FUM said:

Why would Roman’s want be to face Cody over Sami lying down to him?

He doesn't care really, it's not like hes scared of fighting anyone at this point, because he's beaten any decent name in the company at this point, but he also is going to expect to do a figure poke of doom at Wrestlemania either is he. Plus he's already wary of Sami's loyalty. Also, because WWE Storytelling.

• Paid Members

Bang up for this show. Even when WWE is ice cold The Rumble always manages to generate that child-like excitement in me. 

The dumb, fantasy booking scenario is Sami being kicked out of the Bloodline earlier in the show, everyone turning on him, only for his old music to hit during the Rumble a few hours later, him coming out with the trimmed hair, trimmed beard, in the flat cap. It doesn’t even fit with where things currently stand and what’s happened previously, but whatever.  Let me dream! I’m forever chasing the high of Mankind morphing into Cactus Jack from January 2000, my favourite angle of all time, and this could finally be it!

I’m going to remain realistic though. I don’t think Sami will be in the Rumble match at all. They won’t want him to overshadow Cody, so I’m expecting a big angle earlier in the night to write him out and make it clear he won’t be coming back. Of course, the problem is that WWE have conditioned their fanbase to always assume people will return whenever they get stretchered out, so it’ll be have to be something super violent to get the point across. Maybe Roman can shoot him with a gun?

I don’t expect any backlash either way though. Look at the free pass Hunter’s already had. Provided this is better than last year (and frankly, how could it be worse?!) I think he’ll be fine and doesn’t have to worry about #cancelthenetwork trending or idiots posting videos of themselves smashing up their own DVD collections. Great memories.

EDIT. This is fascinating to watch. I agree with everything he says and think he does a good job of playing the political game, but still. Deep down? He must know. They all must know.

Yet another example of how phenomenal this storyline has been though; seeing him talk about it out of character feels genuinely jarring. It’s still real to me, dammit!

Edited by Supremo

Meltzer mentioned on WOR that Saudi could be a factor in Sami getting the title as they would obviously want the top guy over there for the shows and wouldn't want that being Sami. 

I know that's typical newz conjecture in terms of it surely being true to some extent, but even as someone who has not been as invested in his push as others, I think I could sleep easy knowing they just wanted to go in another direction creatively compared with the absolute soul exorcism of thinking this wonderful storyline may be swerved off course because of shitty Saudi Capital Carnage shows.