2023 Royal Rumble

gmoney

Total crayola booking idea. Have final 2 be Roman and Sami (who's been in since single digits). "Do the right thing, Sami". Sami eliminates himself, Roman wins and gets to choose his opponent for one of the titles. Chooses Sami, gaslights him into believing it's a reward. Mania night 1, Sami wins with the help of the Usos, decision overturned on Raw with Heyman politicking about the interference. Belt gets held up. Tournament for a new champ.

28 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

Total crayola booking idea. Have final 2 be Roman and Sami (who's been in since single digits). "Do the right thing, Sami". Sami eliminates himself, Roman wins and gets to choose his opponent for one of the titles. Chooses Sami, gaslights him into believing it's a reward. Mania night 1, Sami wins with the help of the Usos, decision overturned on Raw with Heyman politicking about the interference. Belt gets held up. Tournament for a new champ.

For a storyline that has been pretty straight forward and easy to understand, this really hurt my brain.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

So based on SmackDown…

Reveal hidden contents

Lesnar vs Reigns at WrestleMania?

Wouldn't surprise me. 

4 hours ago, bigfoote said:

I'd rather Brock vs Roman again than this

Why is Roman in the Rumble?? Why is he asking Sami to do the right thing, then picks him anyway to be his challenger?? 

Why is the hero who finally ends the dominance of Roman and  his 950+ day reign (as it would be by then) getting stripped off the title immediately after, I mean people say the streak was wasted on Brock this would 10x worse then that.

And I'd happily not see another tournament for no1 contender or for a title in any wresting company for the rest of 2023, might as well make the Final a Ladder Match for the vacant title whilst we are at it

• Paid Members

Men’s rumble going first with a Sami win and Owens/Reigns going last gives us plenty of moments for drama and interactions through the show.

I missed the last couple of Rumbles and Raw is still a rough watch but Smackdown has been grand the last couple of weeks so i’m gonna stay up for this one.

• Paid Members

There’s always one idiot in the big PPV threads that asks about streams and where they can catch one, having not done any prep beforehand…

…Unfortunately today’s idiot is me. If anyone knows a good link to hop on and wouldn’t mind sharing that would be smashing. 

• Paid Members

Sami Zayn has made me pay actual money and subscribe to the Network for this, my first time in years. I bet I'm not the only one.

Meltzer on today's Observer Radio also talking about how Sami was the biggest ratings draw on Raw XXX, more so than any of your returning legends. Hulk Hogan? Undertaker? Ric Flair? Nobodies compared to my man Sami! This is it! His time is now!

Now, look. I know Sami isn't winning the Rumble. I've accepted it. But imagine if he does. Fucking hell.

Match order reported by Fightful who are a more reliable source than I discussed earlier.

Spoiler

and looks like Mens Rumble first with KO/Roman ending the show.

Got to imagine it means either no Sami or he’s not taking the spoils.

A long one but forgive me, it’s the Royal Rumble after all and I’ve stayed up the full show for the first time in a long time.

Mens Royal Rumble Match - a bit of a letdown. Felt like they really hinted at surprises, maybe not directly but certainly the way leaked reports were going. I think one said they were “more than happy” with the surprises planned. I’m not actually sure anyone was a surprise. Even Booker T was one if you could predict a WWE surprise he’d be one of the first names. 

Cody coming in number 30 took away a bit from the pop as fans knew who was coming and there was no drama in the slot.

Lots of wrestlers standing about looking for their spot caught on camera, especially when we were to forget Logan Paul was still in despite his face continually peeking up on the hard cam.

Gunther is an absolute star though and the Logan Paul/Ricochet spot was outstanding.

Pitch Black Match was the most colourful match in WWE history. Bray Wyatt eh? This fucking guy. As per every other run, turns to crap when he has to have a match. Rubbish, the less said the better. Especially about how Uncle Howdy missed his jump by about a mile.

Alexa/Bianca was a waste of time that the crowd had been killed for. Positioning on the card made no sense if they were gonna show an Uncle Howdy video afterwards considering we just seen him kill himself.

Womens Royal Rumble Match - Liv begged for number 1 so they gave her number 2 for a laugh. This match seems to highlight each year how little female stars they have. Rhea is an absolute boss though and the finish was excellent. Probably enjoyed this more than the mens.

Would have liked to have known who the huge pop was for when Asuka entered but seems they had the same guy on the camera as when Edge first returned and hit that spear on Ziggler. Camera work across both Rumbles was shocking and made it hard to keep up with what had been happening. Oh yeah, and they blew the number 30 entrant before the countdown in classic Nia Jax botch fashion. Some production people need to go, this nonsense is happening too often.

Hardy? Never thought I’d say it but jeezy peeps man, bring back Kid Rock. A suck it at the end - that’s 5 on this show by my count. 

Short memories in Texas - KO buried this place and everyone from it last year multiple times. It wouldn’t have been forgotten back in the day. Add a suck it on to the running tally for the night early in this one.

This story was never really about Sami and KO’s friendship for me so I’m not wholly satisfied with the route it’s going but it’s not necessarily bad storytelling, just not what I wanted from it personally. The story for me was always about Sami trying to fit in and being used so I just always thought the route should have been them breaking Sami’s heart more so than Sami taking the first shot. God bless Jey Uso though and it was still an incredible segment.

I’ve been a huge fan of Triple H era WWE but yeah, this was very much the sort of show Vince took stick for although it’s one others less miserable and probably less tired might enjoy. It certainly went on too late that’s for sure.

Edited by FUM
Font size