2023 Royal Rumble

gmoney

55 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

Cody could beat Roman for the WWE Title on Night 1. The title Dusty never won. 

Sami could beat Roman for the Universal Title in Night 2. Usos side with Sami. Sami and the Usos close Mania with confetti raining (Reigning) down.

And then then next night on Raw, Reigns,Solo and Heyman in the ring, calling all three of them out for being disloyal to the family etc. Heyman says he has all the answers and boom Solo spikes Roman to set up a Solo vs Reigns feud whilst the Usos and Zayn do something else, maybe have Owens trying to get in Sami`s ear about how he still dont trust the Uso`s to set up a Sami vs Owens month long feud.

2 hours ago, Version1.0 said:

Cody could beat Roman for the WWE Title on Night 1. The title Dusty never won. 

Sami could beat Roman for the Universal Title in Night 2. Usos side with Sami. Sami and the Usos close Mania with confetti raining (Reigning) down.

I just think that would take away something from Night 2 if Roman has already lost on Night 1.

3 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I just think that would take away something from Night 2 if Roman has already lost on Night 1.

Or Sami really believes he can win as Roman has proved he is beatable. It would still be intriguing to see if Roman would continue his 900+ day reign with the Universal Title.

Roman needs to lose both those belts in one match and one fall for the reign to have as big a rub as possible, it’s as simple as that in my opinion.

Just find another plan for Cody and stop worrying about him, you still have a ready made story for him when his time comes; his story doesn’t need to be complete against Roman. They have had zero interaction.

If you get The Rock then of course you want to do the Rock/Roman match but I really think they won’t have him. If they do then have Roman beat him Night 1 or if you want the winner to be less pre-empted then it doesn’t need to be for the belts though Roman wins either way.

• Paid Members

Cody and Sami to be the last 2. Sami attempts to climb over the top rope to eliminate himself as per Roman's want. Cody beats him to the punch, sacrificing the main event at wrestlemania to become the biggest face.

Roman, outraged that Sami wins instead challenges him at the next PPV in Montreal where Sami is screwed out the title. Cody does a Hogan WM9 angle where he wants to challenge Roman at Wrestlemania. That ain't a spoiler, it's a prediction.

• Paid Members

I've thought about Cody making the sacrifice as well. It seems completely nonsensical that a competitor in that scenario would throw away a guaranteed shot at headlining Wrestlemania for the big one. But it would also be such a Cody thing to do. He wouldn't look like a putz at all. He'd be lauded massively. Having both of them scurry to try and NOT eliminate the other would be an absolutely mad finish. 

Do Cody and Sami have any sort of previous connection or known bond behind the scenes? Maybe from before Cody broke into WWE, or just as Sami was starting off in NXT, or maybe even some sort of mutual connection? If Cody were to make the sacrifice, he could build that into a promo the following evening explaining his actions. 

Another option would be to have Cody win, gradually turn him, and still insert Sami in to the match at Wrestlemania, just with the different dynamic of both Roman and Cody being the heels. 

Fucking hell I'm excited for this. I haven't been this excited for a Rumble in years.