2023 Royal Rumble

gmoney

• Paid Members

Can't believe we don't have a thread for this already. WWE seems pretty cold right now. 

Who do we want to see as surprises only to be deeply disappointed when it turns out to be Kane and A-Train? 

Rock?

Austin?

CM Punk?

Muta? 

Kane?

A-Train? 

• Paid Members

Muta won't be in it. Even by wrestling retirement standards, appearing as Great Muta a week after his "last match" would be a bit much, and I doubt there'd be any interest in him being there without the Muta gimmick. Doubt he gets cleared by WWE, either. Wouldn't be surprised if he's announced for the Hall of Fame, though.

At one point, I thought this would be a really interesting Rumble in terms of surprises, as it could be an opportunity for Triple H to flex his creative muscles in terms of marking out territory different to Vince - some outside the box surprises, rather than the usual grab bag of "legends"; there were even rumours of Minoru Suzuki being asked to be in it. But given that Vince is back, and the line-up of "legends" from RAW XXX was the same old, same old, that seems unlikely now.

If the idea is for Cody to win, I'd not be shocked at all to see him enter at number one or two, and survive the whole thing; to tell a Rumble-wide story that attempts to get fans behind him, and avoid any Sami chants. Out of all of the possible options, I think Reigns/Cody is my least favourite. It's not that I don't want to see it, I just don't want to see it at Wrestlemania. 

This year's rumble has some genuine interest and intrigue for a couple of reasons. 

The match with Roman and Kevin Owen's just with the thread of the bloodline/Sami split happening just a matter of when and a small chance admittedly that Kevin wins one of the belts meaning we get 2 main title defenses at mania that don't include Roman in both.

I think the final 2 in the rumble match surely has to be Cody and Sami if we don't see the rock turning up as probably one of the biggest stars coming back in this match in a long long time. 

I'm happy with either Cody or Sami winning the rumble and anyone else would be a second rumble in a row where everyone leaves angry and disappointed.

There's so many rumors online about the plan for wrestlemania one being Roman reigns main event's BOTH nights the first being against the winner of the rumble then the second against the rock but there has been alot of talk online that the match with the rock which they have literally built up to for most fans for the good part of a year if not and if he really isn't going to do it now in my opinion it makes him holding up both main belts for this long pointless and bad business overall. Having your main titles on 1 man that hasn't been appearing on both shows underwhelming and shitty for the other show going for this long without a big title too chase and have for the top part of the division.

12 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

There's so many rumors online about the plan for wrestlemania one being Roman reigns main event's BOTH nights the first being against the winner of the rumble then the second against the rock but there has been alot of talk online that the match with the rock which they have literally built up to for most fans for the good part of a year if not and if he really isn't going to do it now in my opinion it makes him holding up both main belts for this long pointless and bad business overall. Having your main titles on 1 man that hasn't been appearing on both shows underwhelming and shitty for the other show going for this long without a big title too chase and have for the top part of the division.

What?