On 4/23/2023 at 9:33 AM, 2Xtreme_lives said:
On 4/23/2023 at 9:17 AM, FelatioLips said:

it wasn't the best dream i've ever had but if it happens we know Tony is definitely reading this forum

The day we know TK reads the forum is the day we find out that Keith has been found after a "autoerotic asphyxiation" accident. 

6 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Firstly, the sound mixing was atrocious on ITV. Whatever they were doing, I could barely hear a word the commentators said.

You genuinely don’t know how grateful I am that you wrote this.

Sitting with a hangover after a stag weekend away and thought I’d watch AEW rather than just delete my recording like normal since I have the day off. Checked posts on this thread since the show aired and nobody had mentioned it so honestly thought I had an issue with my ears trying to hear the commentary.

I actually preferred it outside the concern right enough.

Their levels are all over the shop.  Backstage interviews tend to be considerably quieter than commentary meaning you can't hear a bloody thing most of the time.  And as you mention sometimes even commentary is completely swallowed up by music, crowd etc.

They also don't seem to have the same under-ring mic setup so the bumps sound a bit less solid to me.

Mixing live broadcast is very hard, but WWE and Impact seemed to have it down.  Even NWA is better produced than AEW most of the time.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

You genuinely don’t know how grateful I am that you wrote this.

Sitting with a hangover after a stag weekend away and thought I’d watch AEW rather than just delete my recording like normal since I have the day off. Checked posts on this thread since the show aired and nobody had mentioned it so honestly thought I had an issue with my ears trying to hear the commentary.

I actually preferred it outside the concern right enough.

Glad it's just the usual botch job from AEW rather than you getting the eardrums drunk out of you! 👍

I was going to watch the rest of it on Fite instead but I was on the wrong TV so persisted with the ITV version. I wonder was FITE the same? I'd guess so, as to be fair I usually have more issues on that version than ITV's. Having said that, ITV are now (or have been) censoring swearing in the same manner as BT Sport carry it out. Which leaves you losing a whole sentence or two, rather than the word. That isn't good when they have two days to edit the thing. 

Though people on AEW's shows could just stop saying shit as every other word, and solve the whole thing. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Loki said:

Their levels are all over the shop.  Backstage interviews tend to be considerably quieter than commentary meaning you can't hear a bloody thing most of the time.  And as you mention sometimes even commentary is completely swallowed up by music, crowd etc.

They also don't seem to have the same under-ring mic setup so the bumps sound a bit less solid to me.

Mixing live broadcast is very hard, but WWE and Impact seemed to have it down.  Even NWA is better produced than AEW most of the time.

It's incredibly frustrating how quiet the crowds sound on TV sometimes then I'll see a live video from someone's phone and the place will be roaring. Correctly capturing the noise of the crowd is so important, basic and should be one of their highest priorities production wise and they still haven't worked it out. It's embarrassing. There were 5000 people at Dynamite last week but it sounded like an Impact crowd on telly.

That was a messy show, with some terrible, and sometimes illogical, booking choices. 

Regardless of whether or not a Saturday show is about to launch, Tony Khan should probably draft in some support to help tidy things up, and take better advantage of hot acts/stories such at the BCC. AEW isn’t even close to meeting its full potential right now.

5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

That was a messy show, with some terrible, and sometimes illogical, booking choices. 

Regardless of whether or not a Saturday show is about to launch, Tony Khan should probably draft in some support to help tidy things up, and take better advantage of hot acts/stories such at the BCC. AEW isn’t even close to meeting its full potential right now.

This has been most Dynamites for several weeks now. Some flashes of great stuff but it kind of feels all over the place. 

Not feeling the Pillars story at all largely as none of them feel like they could beat MJF so feels a little redundant. 

• Paid Members

It was an improved episode on last week. Felt like a lot more thought was put into it.

Let that stonking opener be a lesson. Just start every show with an Orange Cassidy match and never ever again open it with a Raw-style edge-lord shoot promo that sets up an impromptu main event. Great fun. Orange Cassidy is the MVP of this company.

You could sense everyone knew they dropped a bollock with the Pillar stuff last week, so I at least admire them for trying to fix it. However, you know it’s a lost cause when even Tony Schiavone brilliantly calling MJF a prick can’t save it. I’m sure the match will still be great at the pay per view, but it’s a really bad omen that they fucked it up this badly, seemingly just to fill TV time. The last thing you want to see when an extra two hours every Saturday is on the horizon.

Good Wardlow squash. Hopefully we can get back what he once had.

Jeff Jarrett celebrating with a tag belt he hasn’t won. We’re back, baby! My world! My world!

Double J in the Owen Hart tournament? I wouldn’t be against it.

Great to see Roderick Strong come in. I was petrified Cole fighting against the odds was a sign Bobby Fish was returning, so this was a welcome surprise. Kyle, Roddy and Cole as a unit has potential. That was always the best combination. Either going for the Trios belts, or just Kyle and Roddy going for the Tag belts. There’s loads of fun to be had. Bring back that run they had of always opening Takeover events with incredible tag matches. Just don’t bring Bobby in. Let him watch from the Impact Zone, a single tear streaming down his face, still checking if his WhatsApp message to Hunter has two blue ticks.

Main event wasn’t as good I was hoping considering the talent involved, but where I think this is heading gives me the biggest boner of all time. Last week, Takeshita felt like the odd man out and I couldn’t really figure out what part he played in all this. Now though? Considering the lore of the Blackpool Combat Club? I think them making him bleed is going to eventually result in him and Don turning on The Elite, joining the Blackpool Combat Club. And then when it’s five against three? Who could possibly save the day? Adam fucking Page and Kota fucking Ibushi. Jesus Christ. Send them both out riding the same horse. I’ll weep.

Edited by Supremo

Strong/O'Reilly are a great tag team, probably the best use of both particularly when Kyle embraces his comic side rather than his movezz side.  Another good trio for the division as well.