Not to start the whole ratings debate once again as that’s been done to death and each time we never get anywhere, but like clockwork they draw what’s considered a “ bad rating” this week (830,000) which means that next week…

cWfi0qY.jpg

As has been said by many, that opening promo was the shits and I can only assume that BCC Vs The Elite (with Takeshita subbing for Matt Jackson) is headlining Double or Nothing, because there’s no way they’re selling a PPV with either MJF vs Guevara/Allin on top or contrive their way to doing a Four Way.

Was there some crowd sweetening going on this week. There were a couple of times were there was noise but nobody seemed to be doing anything. In fact the crowd seemed to be pretty dead for most of the show

Edited by WyattSheepMask

5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Not to start the whole ratings debate once again as that’s been done to death and each time we never get anywhere, but like clockwork they draw what’s considered a “ bad rating” this week (830,000) which means that next week…

Don't think it was considered to be a bad rating by many. Went live coast-to-coast due to the NBA playoffs that followed. That's why there wasn't an episode of All Access this week. The excuses were out early and the bar set low because of it. So when it matched what it has been typically doing, Meltzer & co were painting it as a success.

If it was supposed to be a ratings driver we all know it would be some variation of an Important Announcement .

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

cWfi0qY.jpg

As has been said by many, that opening promo was the shits and I can only assume that BCC Vs The Elite (with Takeshita subbing for Matt Jackson) is headlining Double or Nothing, because there’s no way they’re selling a PPV with either MJF vs Guevara/Allin on top or contrive their way to doing a Four Way.

Was there some crowd sweetening going on this week. There were a couple of times were there was noise but nobody seemed to be doing anything. In fact the crowd seemed to be pretty dead for most of the show

To be fair, I *think* this announement will be about them booking the United Centre and, possibly, announcing the new show and, again possibly, Punk to return. Meltzer seemed to think those announcements were coming really soon, since they already booked the United Centre for that show. So, it is an actual decent sized announcement, if that's the case.

1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

To be fair, I *think* this announement will be about them booking the United Centre and, possibly, announcing the new show and, again possibly, Punk to return. Meltzer seemed to think those announcements were coming really soon, since they already booked the United Centre for that show. So, it is an actual decent sized announcement, if that's the case.

Some of the reporters don't seem to think that will happen until WBD do their upfronts in May. Which seems rather daft since it only gives a month's notice on ticket sales.

After watching Rampage TK's name was brought up again around the 4 Pillars tournament. As Jungle Boy was cheated I could see it being about that so DoN still ends up being a 4-way.

In other news Santana has started posting on social media again.

• Paid Members

I thought that was a really poor show overall. Firstly, the sound mixing was atrocious on ITV. Whatever they were doing, I could barely hear a word the commentators said.

The opening segment was a mess in delivery and with what it's leading too. This convoluted tournament to get out of a four way, when the whole time they had been building towards a four way! I don't even like four way matches, but in this instance it seems like AEW are doing their best to make this match less interesting now. 

Adam Cole/Jericho and that whole segment with Britt and co. Cody and the whipping angle this was not. Compare this to that and it's night and day. Another case where I was less interested in the match coming out of the angle. Which in this case was worse because this pair together weren't grabbing me to begin with. Straight out of NXT school is how this whole thing has felt. 

About the only thing on this show that held my attention and I thought built something up well, rather than detracting from it, was the BCC/Elite stuff. That was the best part of the show again. 

I don't really mind Spears and Juice being thrown together with Stark's and Jey White. They could do two tag matches and each pin the others lackey (or a singles, with the same thing) before going into the Starks/White match. 

So yeah, a poor week this was. Hopefully it's a better one next time out. 

On 4/23/2023 at 9:30 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

Was there some crowd sweetening going on this week. There were a couple of times were there was noise but nobody seemed to be doing anything.

It sounded like that during the Adam Cole/Jericho/Britt/Saraya part they turned up the ring mic and deliberately told the commentators not to speak, so we could hear “how desperate Adam cole and Britt baker” are and how we should feel sorry for them. But it was so cheesy and high school musical, that I had to fast forward it, felt a bit embarrassed watching it. 

AEW fan, but these feel like lacklustre times, with a lot of the performers trying to find their characters, or live up to what they think they should be. 

Bandido has been a bit of a weird one as it's not clear when the visa issues started and ended.

He got the All Elite graphic end of last year. The only thing of note he did was the Danielson match. At BOLA he was meant to have gotten banged up. Since then he has worked some indy dates in the US as well multiple shows in Mexico.

What has kept him off TV may have been a mix of all 3: injuries, visa issues, and clearing up his indy commitments. Hopefully he's back with a run in mind.