Your First Crush

Frankie Crisp

• Moderators

In terms of an actually crush and not just a confusing "me willie has gone stiff" moment (that would be Sam Fox/Sabrina Salerno) then probably Sarah Jessica Parker in 'Flight of the Navigator' - absolutely adorable. Other mentions would be Rachel Blanchard in CITV's 'Chris Cross' and Donna Air as Charlie in Byker Grove.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, deathrey said:

My first celebrity crush was Eric Cantona

I think my dad had a bit of a crush on him too tbh. Amongst all the family photos in the living room, he placed a framed black and white photo of Eric Cantona wearing a suit right in the middle of them all. No place for parents or in laws or dead relatives to take centre stage. Just The King. 

• Paid Members

It has to be Amy Jo Johnson for me, I was obsessed with Power Rangers when I was a kid and she is the first person I remember ever crushing on. Michaela Strachan was a close second.

I developed a crush on Emma Bunton after winning a 'signed' picture of the Spice Girls at the bingo on Skegness sea front as well at circa 7 years old and putting it up in my room

My first real wrestling Crush was Brian Adams, but I didn't fancy him, he was just my favourite. I kid, it was probably Miss Kitty when she was following Chyna around.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Susan in the BBC Narnia. Wouldn't have minded being stuck in the wardrobe with her.

They've always cast that role as fit. In the film version of The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe, adult Susan at the end was played by Sophie Winkelman (Big Suze).

1 minute ago, deathrey said:

Greenclaws?

Course it was! Thanks. Clearly I was so infatuated with her that I didn't take enough notice of the actual name of the show. I can still picture the other main character and you're right, he definitely had claws instead of fingers. I think it was generally meant to encourage kids to get into gardening though, rather than doing something else with their hands. 

• Paid Members

The most serious one I remember that wasn't a fleeting "oh yeah, they're pretty" was Björk in my mid teens. There was just something captivating about her. Likewise Kim Deal of Pixies/Breeders/Amps.