Your First Crush

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

You must have loved Fast Times At Ridgmont High. I mean it's an entertaining movie anyway, but that's not really the point I'm making.Ā 

I didn't learn about the existence of Fast Times until the internet came along, similar to Private School and Paradise. Back then my Phoebe was appearing in films like Drop Dead Fred and Princess Caribou, so (even though I knew about Lace 2), it didn't occur to me that she'd done films aimed at an older audience.

2 hours ago, King Coconut said:

I can vouch for the Dorien Effect. For me it was the ā€™she could teach me a thing or two' side of it.Ā 

I remember thinking that I should fancy Dorien, but could never quite decide if I did or not. I think she was forced on the audience as someone you should fancy, similar to how those of us brought up on Carry On films became convinced that Barbara Windsor was the most desirable woman on the planet, even though she was surrounded by the likes of Margaret Nolan, Valerie Leon, Gail Grainger, etc.

32 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I remember thinking that I should fancy Dorien, but could never quite decide if I did or not. I think she was forced on the audience as someone you should fancy, similar to how those of us brought up on Carry On films became convinced that Barbara Windsor was the most desirable woman on the planet, even though she was surrounded by the likes of Margaret Nolan, Valerie Leon, Gail Grainger, etc.

Gail Grainger, now there is a name I never expected to read on the UKFF.Ā  I think she only ever appeared in the one Carry On, my favourite, playing Kenneth Williams' holiday rep assistant in Carry on Abroad.

• Awards Moderator

Now the more mature ladyfolk have been mentioned, itā€™s made me realise I had a thing for Felicity KendalĀ in the Good Life. Donā€™t know if it was the dungarees or what, but she had me smitten.

And Iā€™ve just read that she was only 31 when that show started! Bloody hell. I only saw the repeats about 15 years later but thatā€™s irrelevant. At the time I had her down as an ā€˜old womanā€™ and I donā€™t think I ever told my mates I fancied her for fear of being shamed.Ā 

Better than Dorien, though. She definitely smelt of brandy and ciggies.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Now the more mature ladyfolk have been mentioned, itā€™s made me realise I had a thing for Felicity KendalĀ in the Good Life. Donā€™t know if it was the dungarees or what, but she had me smitten.

Reminds me of one of my favourite lines from early Dwarf.

"Only last week we passed by a moon that looked exactly like Felicity Kendal's bottom. We flew around that one a couple of times."

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

And Iā€™ve just read that she was only 31 when that show started! Bloody hell. I only saw the repeats about 15 years later but thatā€™s irrelevant. At the time I had her down as an ā€˜old womanā€™ and I donā€™t think I ever told my mates I fancied her for fear of being shamed.Ā 

Better than Dorien, though. She definitely smelt of brandy and ciggies.

There was some controversy because in one episode she had a top with a low neckline and no bra underneath and gave Richard Briars and the viewers a bit of an eyefull.Ā 

I've just remembered another... So not sure which she was on - 'Going Live' or 'Motormouth', but damn did I have a thing for Sarah Greene. And then Ghost Watch came along for Halloween '92 and I was completely sold.

Then finding out she was married to Mike f'n Smith. Even at 9 years old I understood the mood of outrage!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Now the more mature ladyfolk have been mentioned, itā€™s made me realise I had a thing for Felicity KendalĀ in the Good Life. Donā€™t know if it was the dungarees or what, but she had me smitten

That one where she rips her one good dress is what I'll always remember from good life. Tits ahoy while she's trying to get Tom's attention.

All this talk of Jet has reminded me something I'd forgotten about. Must have been about 9 and I was walking to school with my mate Tom, something we did every school day. Only this day Tom was walking a bit weirdly, and with a smirk on his face. And he didn't really seem interested in the new WWF stickers I was trying to swap with him. Just before we got to the school playground he stopped at the gates and reached into his trousers. He pulled out a Jet action figure, looked really pleased with himself and said "She's been rubbing up against my knob the whole time".Ā 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

Gail Grainger, now there is a name I never expected to read on the UKFF.Ā  I think she only ever appeared in the one Carry On, my favourite, playing Kenneth Williams' holiday rep assistant in Carry on Abroad.

It was Carry On Abroad I watched the other day. I did think she was in another one, but I might be confusing her with Imogen Hassall in Carry On Loving.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I always liked her inĀ The Good Life -Ā not only physically attractive, but her voice also had that touch of posh filth in it.

Turns out my dad fancied her as well. Dead soon.

21 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I think she was forced on the audience as someone you should fancy, similar to how those of us brought up on Carry On films became convinced that Barbara Windsor was the most desirable woman on the planet, even though she was surrounded by the likes of Margaret Nolan, Valerie Leon, Gail Grainger, etc.

For me, the definitiveĀ Carry OnĀ siren was Fenella Fielding:

1831690364_fenellafielding.webp.a56d95bef005a4613562bef2cdb2b041.webp

I did also have a bit of a thing for Joan Sims in the earlier ones.