Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Yeah there's a bit of a Mandela effect about this one. I too am sure I heard that Bob Barker died a couple of years ago. All I've seen of him was the time he stole the show as Raw guest host and the above cameo in Happy Gilmore (which I'd totally forgotten about!) but on that small sample of evidence, he was brilliant. 

For example: 

44 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Arleen Sorkin, the original voice of Harley Quinn in the 90s Batman cartoon has apparently passed away aged 67

That sucks. I much prefer that version of the character rather than the super-sexualised “WOOOO! I’M FUCKIN’ MAD ME!” version that’s become the go to over the last decade

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That sucks. I much prefer that version of the character rather than the super-sexualised “WOOOO! I’M FUCKIN’ MAD ME!” version that’s become the go to over the last decade

I've not watched it in years but from what I remember Harley's Holiday is a great episode.

I generally hate Batman but TAS was great for giving real depth to the villains for Batman to play off, and as a result is about the only time I don't think Batman is a massive cunt.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

67 is no age. Terrible loss. Everybody who voiced Harley after Arleen was trying to reproduce her performance.

Sakevi of Japanese hardcore punk band GISM has passed away, an absolute mythical beast amongst punk fans that was often best known for stunts like shooting blanks into a crowd or pulling out a flamethrower mid show and running everyone off.

He brought a violent form of dada to punk that many try to copy but never come close to. GISM were a fucking awesome band, too.

Weirdly linked to Coventry as it was Lee Dorrian who got him to do his first ever non Japanese gig in 2016.