Forum issue? Getting logged into other peoples accounts at random

Dai

I was Jesse, gmoney, unfitfinlay, seph, Mr Butternut Squash, Gus, FelatioLips, Carbomb, Merzbow, Adam619, The Loon and Squats With Ducks.

Carbombs PMs were all him workshopping puns, and Merzbows PMs were just him spamming people with Corsican Monk chanting and people playing theremins with pickles. Disappointing.

Mad day though. Hope no ones details were exposed.

• Paid Members

Just for clarity - I was actually trying to get into my own messages as a few times I thought I’d managed to finally log in. But every time I tried to get into MY inbox it was showing me someone else’s. I didn’t read any of the conversations I saw and have no interest in doing so.

For 75% of my time on these boards, PMs have only been used for Predictions League sign-ups so mid-season I don't even think to look in my inbox. Or, in this case, other people's.

Like Chris said, if I tried to go to profile information it either showed my own details or I got a "You don't have permission to view this page" as if I were logged out.

Just glad things got sorted in under 24 hours. And, as has also been pointed out, it could be a wake-up call to finally update passwords and make them more secure.

• Paid Members

I never had an issue of being logged in as anyone else but my forum was frozen in time where it said there was new posts from recently but nothing was showing up.

Other people were appearing as other people on the recently posted bit though, for example it said Gus Mears had posted recently but I could only get into the topic by clicking their profile and going to recent posts, in which case it wasn’t Gus it was Carbomb.

Not happy people could read my DM’s though. There’s nothing in there I’m aware of about other people but there was certainly private conversations with other posters about personal lives and also my contact details. Hopefully nothing shit comes of it because there’s some right arseholes about.

• Paid Members

My PMS are full of requests to pop a hat on avatars and death threats from Bowler. Without context they'd probably be quite enjoyable but i'm gutted for anyone that's got personal info on there 

Edited by chokeout