woke.

PunkStep

• Paid Members

honestly, that Tweet should be taught in schools. Perfectly encapsulates how swathes of the population think "political correctness" operates, that there's some nebulous group arbitrarily designating everyday things as racist. 

24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

My favourite genre of right-wing nutcasery. Getting angry at an opposing take you’ve invented in your own head.

AKA The Gervais Position 

On 1/31/2022 at 6:37 PM, Keith Houchen said:

The Gervais Position

The act of inventing an argument or a fictitious person saying something so that you can express your opinion that you’ve wanted to do for some time but the opportunity hasn’t arisen. 

(I used this ages ago but watching After Life reminded me of it)

• Paid Members

37 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

honestly, that Tweet should be taught in schools. Perfectly encapsulates how swathes of the population think "political correctness" operates, that there's some nebulous group arbitrarily designating everyday things as racist. 

The total disdain for 'highly educated experts' too. In this case, completely imaginary ones.

He's sat there in an empty room and still trying to start an argument. With his breakfast.

• Paid Members

I would find this a lot more amusing if he really was from just a tiny niche of nutcases, but sadly the reason why he has any prominence at all is the sheer number of people who share his views and vote for hate-pedlars like him.

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The total disdain for 'highly educated experts' too. In this case, completely imaginary ones.

He's sat there in an empty room and still trying to start an argument. With his breakfast.

"Everything alright Lee, you've been muttering at your breakfast for half an hour"

"The hash brown is a cunt!"

Anderson is playing to the crowd there isn’t he. He knows his followers will lap up that rhetoric and sentiment of they’re out to get us. And he also knows it’ll get laughed at, which he and his lot will be all hahaha triggered the snowflakes again. It’s all engagement and keeps him in some semblance of relevance. And that’s what he needs because he knows he needs a new job soon. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I've said similar before but if I had £900 million sitting in my bank account you wouldn't hear a fucking peep from me on any subject whatsoever, I'd be too busy living the most insanely fun and ridiculous life you could possibly imagine. I definitely wouldn't be spending all my free time screaming horrible shit like Rowling does. The only time you might hear from me is if I did a Homer Simpson and turned myself into the biggest man in the world and covered myself in 14 karat gold.

Edited by LaGoosh

Posted (edited)

Some people love to punch down, obviously makes them feel good. Fills a hole in their lives that cash obviously doesn't fill.

Edited by deathrey