woke.

PunkStep

• Paid Members

Absolute fucking cowards. Two things:

1. Isn't this kind of response from the BBC a bit, erm, 1930s Germany?

2. Does this whole fiasco make Braverman the very thing she claims to fight against: woke?

Sadly this Stop The Boats bollocks is the next Get Brexit Done and will rally up the public, who will sadly forget the fact that the Tories have tanked the economy and vote them back in again at the next GE. This is all very depressing. 

Don't you lot have a fash cunterati over there who for years have thought the BBC was a lefty conspiracy? I'd say ordinarily this one must really be splitting their atoms but, you know...

Genuinely eerie and sad. Fuck the lot of them. 

• Paid Members
Just now, mim731 said:

Ian Wright and Alan Shearer have both declined to appear on MOTD out of solidarity. Gotta imagine the other pundits will follow suit! 

If no one wants to look like a scab, I’m sure they can get Fiona Bruce and Alan Sugar to step up tomorrow night

1 minute ago, mim731 said:

Ian Wright and Alan Shearer have both declined to appear on MOTD out of solidarity. Gotta imagine the other pundits will follow suit! 

Oh god, please let Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas appear and get vilified. I'd love to see their careers disappear. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, mim731 said:

It'll be Matthew Le Tissier, John Terry and Sam Allardyce presenting this weekend. 

I am very much in the Licence fee is good value camp, despite very questionable decisions made by the BBC. But this is an outright disgrace from the Beeb and some ones head needs to roll. 

During the early days of Savile, multiple Director general lost their jobs due to incompetence and dis-order. Where are the DG in all this (this same one who gives Boris money by the way). 

The Question Time segment last night was  akin Nazi Germany. To have that attitude to domestic violence is disgusting, and didn't need an editorial, and Fiona Bruce should lose her job. 
And yet it's Gary Linekar in the firing line, for voicing an opinion that only the sane and rationale would have. 

The Tories might have won the last election based on "shutting out them bloody foreigners", but times have vastly changed and this county is in the worst position it's been in during my 40+ years on earth. 

Edited by Daddymagic

• Paid Members

The BBC - even before the current chairman - are terrified of appearing biased towards the Left, because the Tories will seize on anything as an excuse to push privatising them and defending them. The problem with that is that they course correct too far in the other direction, and the Tories will push to privatise regardless, because it's ideologically driven, it has little if anything to do with BBC bias.

The other problem is that when we talk about "BBC bias", we mean in their news reporting, in how they present issues, in who they invite on to Newsnight, at what voices they privilege, and in the chairman donating thousands of pounds to Boris Johnson, but when the right-wing talk about "BBC bias" they mean panel shows make fun of them and the football presenter has opinions.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh god, please let Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas appear and get vilified. I'd love to see their careers disappear. 

With Jenas being all over The One Show too I could definitely see him towing the party line for the sake of his career. Gotta imagine Murphy, Micah Richards and anyone else with any sense will back Lineker. 

It's weird, as an ex-BBC employee I'm normally pretty defensive of the people who work there because I know how hardworking and undervalued everyone is there (its the best job I've ever had), but it's hard to defend the BBC on this.