woke.

PunkStep

• Paid Members

I really like Sam Smith's music, they have an incredible voice and can go from big ballad to dancefloor filler. I couldn't give a shit what they look like nor what their pronouns are and can't get my head around why it bothers some people.

Pie is fucking rubbish and annoying but I never had him down as being this cunty. Fuck him. 

Edited by PunkStep
Fuck sake, ballsed up the pronouns :(

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't understand the appeal of this Jonathan Pie guy at all. Wasn't he supposed to be a character of some kind, a satire of ranting political commentators? Or is that what he *actually* is?

Either way he's always been amazingly shit and unfunny. 

I'll believe that Jonathan Pie is "satire" when somebody can give me a decent explanation of what he's supposed to be satirising.

• Paid Members

Huge clanger on my part there, and this comes from somebody that has corrected someone referring to Sam Smith as 'him' only this week. More power to them for being non binary and my point is what their pronouns and appearance are shouldn't make a blind bit of difference to other people. 

Edited by PunkStep

8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Huge clanger on my part there, and this comes from somebody that has corrected someone referring to Sam Smith as 'him' only this week. More power to him for being non binary and my point is what their pronouns and appearance are shouldn't make a blind bit of difference to other people. 

I'm starting to think this is on purpose now.

Pie always seemed like an excuse to say what he really wanted to, but it meant he had the excuse that it was a "character' when people started giving him grief for his views.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Well it's not. 

In fairness, I think we can all appreciate there's a big difference between accidentally getting someone's pronouns wrong while trying to get it right as you've done there, and deliberately misgendering someone in bad faith, like that bellend Pie.  

Pie had one really good soliloquy when Trunp was elected where he was sort of playing a leftist sick of other lefties, doing a bit on how cocksure and won the culture war they'd all got. His target was basically Randy Marsh in that Obama episode. But yeah everything he's done since has been its own miserable post act "Say the fucking mental thing and it'll trend, and I'll either have a point or it's whacky parody!" shite. 

• Paid Members

I dont 'get'non binary. But I don't have to, I just have to accept it, and I do. Fair play to anyone being who they are. Live your life and all that.

On the other hand, nowt about how Sam Smith looks themselves, but the outfit itself was terrible. And I'd know about terrible outfits, I wear plaid on my non work days.

• Paid Members

Can anyone explain in idiot terms why the Harry Potter game is being boycotted? I know JK Rowling is a POS with horrible views, but why this game specifically? Is it the first Harry Potter release since she started spouting outdated views on Trans people? 

You walk down the high street and there is so much 'Potter' merchandise it's quite sickening, but I can't work out why this game has been targeted? I haven't played the game, and likely won't, but I feel like I've missed something specifically why it's being boycotted. Or is it merely just a case of making a stand against Rowling? 

I can't seem to find a full answer online other than people seemingly following a trend of calling out streamers for playing it. I've seen both trans people and transphobes posting about boycotting the game when I've searched twitter for answers. Genuinely interested to know if I've missed something that's happened. 

If anything, this boycott has brought more eyes to the game, as before seeing people talking about how people shouldn't play it, I hadn't even heard of it. 

7 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I dont 'get'non binary. But I don't have to, I just have to accept it, and I do. Fair play to anyone being who they are. Live your life and all that.

On the other hand, nowt about how Sam Smith looks themselves, but the outfit itself was terrible. And I'd know about terrible outfits, I wear plaid on my non work days.

That’s all you really need to know innit. Let people do/be/act however the fuck they want within the boundaries of law and human decency. Unless they’re Disney dress up weirdos. In which case gather the pitchforks.

For those well intended midgenderers, I wouldn’t beat yourselves up too much it’s an old language and our old WWE Raw watching for 25 years plus addled brains might take a bit longer to grasp new terms better. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Is it the first Harry Potter release since she started spouting outdated views on Trans people? 

You walk down the high street and there is so much 'Potter' merchandise it's quite sickening, but I can't work out why this game has been targeted?

It's probably the first high-profile, big-budget Potter release, yes. If calls to boycott the franchise were renewed with the launch of every pencil case then it would be exhausting for everyone, but the game is a big deal.