woke.

PunkStep

Fair due while it’ll be far more watchable without the shite pundits (in fact just the games would be amazing) the on screen talent from MOTD have done the right thing. Hopefully it gets hardly watched.

Surprised Tory Kane didn’t volunteer though.

• Paid Members

Right, without wishing to turn this thread into a left vs. right thing, how would you all be reacting had a well known pundit/commentator stepped down due to expressing right wing/anti-immigration views for example? I bet you'd all be celebrating (though if I'm wrong here then I'd be happy to be corrected).

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Right, without wishing to turn this thread into a left vs. right thing, how would you all be reacting had a well known pundit/commentator stepped down due to expressing right wing/anti-immigration views for example? I bet you'd all be celebrating (though if I'm wrong here then I'd be happy to be corrected).

Who cares.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Plenty have, and they've faced no censure. That's why people are pissed off about what's happened with Lineker. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Plenty have, and they've faced no censure. That's why people are pissed off about what's happened with Lineker. 

Fair point. My question remains the same though. If the people you refer to did face censure then what would your reaction be? 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

That was a Party Political Broadcast by The Libertarian Party.

24 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I would react to this hypothetical situation in a hypothetical way. How would you feel and is it the same over Lineker?

The issue is one of consistency. When Lineker praised Johnson and showed his disdain for Corbyn on Twitter, the outrage over his lack of impartiality from those calling for his head wasn’t there. 

Still, at least Gary can be safe in the knowledge that the free speech cancel culture brigade will have his back, just like they did when Jo Brand got the heave ho over her Farage joke.