Things in films or telly that never occur in day to day life..

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

25 minutes ago, Perry said:

On the soaps whenever someone buys something from a shop or pub, they always seem to have the right money. Very rare you see them get change.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:40 PM, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Someone paying for something by taking the exact change out of their pocket without even looking. 

Even worse is someone pretending to take the exact change out of their pocket to pay for something, when it's clear that their hand is empty.

6 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

The Apprentice - In the opening scene when one of the candidates answers the phone and they tell them to be ready in 30 minutes, are we expected to believe that all of them are able to wash / shower, shave, do hair, do make up in 30 minutes?!

Or that the one answering the phone wouldn’t Judas them by simply not telling them or saying they had an hour to get ready. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Or that the one answering the phone wouldn’t Judas them by simply not telling them or saying they had an hour to get ready. 

I think that actually did happen in the first series! Presumably the crew eventually said something.

All children happily playing quietly in the corner with a single simple toy such as a plastic plane, instead of screaming the house down and leaping directly on their dad's genitals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Important conversations are interrupted and then not picked up again. No one ever goes "Dave, what were you about to say before Julie called us down for dinner? It seemed like you were about to come out or something? 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Important conversations are interrupted and then not picked up again. No one ever goes "Dave, what were you about to say before Julie called us down for dinner? It seemed like you were about to come out or something? 

The opposite of this is any variation of "I'll explain on the way!", or two people arriving at their destination and then explaining why they're there and what they're doing. What were you talking about in the car the whole way that was so engrossing that none of this ever came up?

30 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The opposite of this is any variation of "I'll explain on the way!", or two people arriving at their destination and then explaining why they're there and what they're doing. What were you talking about in the car the whole way that was so engrossing that none of this ever came up?

“I said ‘there’s no time to explain’, and I stick by that”

• Paid Members
On 3/2/2022 at 7:27 PM, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

The Apprentice - In the opening scene when one of the candidates answers the phone and they tell them to be ready in 30 minutes, are we expected to believe that all of them are able to wash / shower, shave, do hair, do make up in 30 minutes?!

Previous Candidate Lottie Lion did a video explaining just how much of the Aporen ice is set up. 

When they do the tasks the teams are asked to select from certain colour schemes to use and have to beat the other team to it. They're given a dossier a few days before each task to do some background research. They also have to propose several names for their products before recording so the producers of the show can do a background check. 

The one I found most surprising was that they allegedly shoot two endings where Lord Sugar tells each finalist that they've won because of how far in advance it's filmed, so that he can keep an eye on the candidates' activity between the recording and the air date so that if the one he's actually chosen to win drops a colossal clanger they can just go with the other candidate. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The one I found most surprising was that they allegedly shoot two endings where Lord Sugar tells each finalist that they've won because of how far in advance it's filmed, so that he can keep an eye on the candidates' activity between the recording and the air date so that if the one he's actually chosen to win drops a colossal clanger they can just go with the other candidate. 

That happens with RuPaul's Drag Race too, although for different reasons - they film multiple endings of the final, to prevent people who were at the live event putting out spoilers.