Things in films or telly that never occur in day to day life..

PowerButchi

11 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Nobody in soaps watches soaps.

Not as mind-blowing as the Dot Cotton bombshell, but Susan and Libby in Neighbours were hooked on some kind of Spanish or Latin American soap for a while. Not sure they got as many fourth wall breaking nods out of it as they could have, sadly.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Not as mind-blowing as the Dot Cotton bombshell, but Susan and Libby in Neighbours were hooked on some kind of Spanish or Latin American soap for a while. Not sure they got as many fourth wall breaking nods out of it as they could have, sadly.

Toadfish did Karaoke once and sang Stefan Dennis's Don't It Make Ya Feel Good. Presumably in the Neighbours universe, Dennis is just a singer who looks uncannily like Paul Robinson.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

Nobody in soaps watches soaps.

Funnily this popped up the other day.

I can only assume that women on screen are all perfectly happy to have runny cummy fannies because you never see a lady do the post coitus waddle to the bathroom to 'sort themselves out.' By the same token the blokes must all have smeggy cocks because you never see them wiping their widgies on the curtains either. 

28 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Toadfish did Karaoke once and sang Stefan Dennis's Don't It Make Ya Feel Good. Presumably in the Neighbours universe, Dennis is just a singer who looks uncannily like Paul Robinson.

Can’t remember which thread I posted the clip of  it in but Paul Robinsons son also sang it as he walked through the front room once. 

I'm convinced that at one point the Eastenders scriptwriters invented a soap for the Walford yoof to talk about.

Maybe it only cropped up in the E19 spinoff.

Talking of aircraft crashing on film...I watched loads of DTV actioners in the 90s and in real life helicopters don't fly behind hills before exploding out of sight.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I can only assume that women on screen are all perfectly happy to have runny cummy fannies because you never see a lady do the post coitus waddle to the bathroom to 'sort themselves out.' 

Under the Skin is the closest this comes to happening on film that I've seen.

• Paid Members

Someone paying for something by taking the exact change out of their pocket without even looking. 

Even worse is someone pretending to take the exact change out of their pocket to pay for something, when it's clear that their hand is empty.

• Moderators

Any romantic scene where the people involved haven't been able to brush their teeth for days or its set in a historic period and they talk to each other in a loving embrace mere inches apart but yet don't seem phased by the obvious rancid stench of their breath.

Same thing applies to oral sex in these things. I just don't believe anyone is having a nosh on weeks old unwashed willies and fannies.