Toast, toasters, toasties and toasting. And microwaving for some reason.

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

20220225_081306.thumb.jpg.e0e010ade6ed14f4f78b7330e60cfc7f.jpg

Limited worktop space and a girthy toaster means it is banished to the cupboard. 

We used to have one of those generic toastie machines that had an absolute kicking when we started to work from home. After a few ambitious attempts to stuff as much in as possible I ended up snapping the handle clean off. Picked up a far superior sandwich/panini press after and it's served us daily for the last 18 months. Would recommend. 

Edit - sandwich press also lives in the cupboard. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Dusted off the Breville this morning on the back of this thread, only to find some dirty bastard didn't clean it the last time it was used (probably me), easy 6 months ago. 

I just wet a paper towel and put it in after the sandwiches come out and most of the gunk comes off with it

36 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Cheese in a microwave, fucking hell.

I'm not saying it's the optimum method for making cheese on but sometimes all you need is 6/10 and a 30 second to 1 minute blast in the microwave gives you that.

Also, @Hannibal Scorchthe cheese spread call is ridiculous, it's nothing like cheese spread it's melted cheese. An inferior slightly rubbery version but still miles better than Dairylea. I've eaten far worse out of a microwave than gooey cheese. 

Dairylea?! Are we 5 year olds?! If you're going to go for a cream cheese at least go for a proper one. This one is the king of cream cheeses for me

spacer.png

Though I do agree that melted cheese and cream cheese are two different entities.

Edited by deathrey

I thought I was bad that for 5vyears I lived in an apartment where the toaster needed to be shelved as the kitchen was tiny. I've sinced move partly due to this bit there really are some people in need of a good sit down and talking to on here. 

That said, being that there is no toasite machine for 1000 miles at least I did try to use the air fryer to make cheese on the other day. Did not work will be using the oven again until thanks to this thread I can buy a proper machine in the UK to bring back.

I always found the single sandwich machines a complete waste of time. If you aren't a lonely old lady you should have at least a double and let's be honest that's only as you can't afford a quad.