Mount Rushmoron

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Johann Hari. He's either a plagiarist con artist, or he's someone who's managed to fuck up absolutely basic research, or he's both, and somehow gets the usual Guardian suspects praising him to the high-heavens. Despite his basic points being disproven time and time again, and actually borderline damaging, no matter the level of truthiness they contain.

And on that note, the most prominent person I saw sharing it with wide-eyed praise was Richard Dawkins who, when it comes to cultural understanding and anything not in his direct area of expertise is the thickest smart person I've ever seen.

21 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, this is really dangerous. Eamonn Holmes was on about balance once about something like flat earth or vaccines causing death. “Just because their views aren’t mainstream doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be heard like mainstream views” or some cack.  It’s as if that less than one percent of people are equal to the other 99 and should be given the same airtime and respect, even though they’ve been rubbished countless times. 

The editorial controller of the BBC went on the record just a few weeks ago saying this should be their policy; that all viewpoints should be represented, even if they’re fucking stupid and wrong. I must have missed the bit where they changed the mandate of the BBC from “inform, educate and entertain” to “platform as many wrong-headed fuckers as possible.” 

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/jan/11/bbc-does-not-subscribe-to-cancel-culture-says-director-of-editorial-policy

Queen Tay has removed her music from streaming before over the royalties that artists don’t get. She said it’s not about her because she didn’t need the money, but many artists would benefit from it. She fights for us, she is our queen. 

14 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I thought this had already been posted in this thread (it hasn’t) and because you were giving another side to these events from a differing perspective, you were trying to turn this from Mount Rushmoron into Mount Rashomon.

Guardianistas would fucking love that joke. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Rashomon

With pilau rice and peshwari naan, please.

10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Guardianistas

Sitting just in front of a flat back four. More advanced than a centre back, but not quite a defensive midfielder. Very popular on the continent.