Mount Rushmoron

Keith Houchen

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I’m amazed that no one has mentioned Tucker Carlson yet - a guy who has quite clearly inspired many of the names listed so far. 

Heck, a case could be made for all four faces on the mount to be his.

Probably because nobody on here knows anyone who says “Have you heard what Tucker Carlson thinks about this” unless it’s to mock him. I’m sure in America there are people sick of hearing his name as a measure of intellectual reasoning. Same as Piers Morgan, nobody hails him as a genius or an authority on intellect. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Toby Young, Calvin Robinson or Boris Johnson referred to as experts that I should listen to. 

Ah, I thought you were talking about people who are pointed to by morons as intelligent, rather than experts. Robinson's been wheeled out on quite a few news panels as a "voice of colour" though.

Another name to add to the list is Professor Karol Sikora. He’s a Professor, so clearly he’s not an idiot. However, throughout the pandemic he’s been wheeled out on TV channel after TV channel, wielding a sword of dangerous optimism; all in the name of balance, in the face of dire warnings about covid. Time and time again, his predictions have been proved wrong. Yet he still appears on our TV screens, and still gets cited as a voice worth paying attention to. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Whilst nowhere near the influence of others mentioned, centrist dads nominate Marina Hyde. Whenever she has a new column in the paper, cunts like Mitch Benn fall over themselves with praise like she invented the written word and how they’ve packs their bags and leaving the wife and kids for her. 

I liked her for a while a few years ago but quickly realised once you’ve read one Hyde column, you’ve read them all. 

Can’t disagree with many of the names suggested so far but I’d be tempted to give Musk a pass, a narcissist for sure but can’t deny what he’s achieved and he’s a top troll. Bezos comes across a much bigger moron from what I’ve seen. 

I’ll nominate Jeremy Clarkson, a man without relevance for at least a decade yet I still see his scrotum-like face in the news because he owns a farm or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Can’t disagree with many of the names suggested so far but I’d be tempted to give Musk a pass, a narcissist for sure but can’t deny what he’s achieved and he’s a top troll. Bezos comes across a much bigger moron from what I’ve seen. 

Musk is probably the worse offender though. One of the planets finest minds and he’s a fucking Twitter troll and tech bro. Plus it’s about the people who look up to him and they’re all bellends.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Musk is probably the worse offender though. One of the planets finest minds and he’s a fucking Twitter troll and tech bro. Plus it’s about the people who look up to him and they’re all bellends.

Oh yeah, my bad. His fanboys are the worst. One of my mates used to incessantly post YouTube videos about him in our group chat, in between QAnon vids that is, and while we’d ridicule him for it he was convinced he was opening our eyes, then QAnon hit the mainstream and he backtracked to “no smoke without fire”. He’s also a big Peterson, Rogan and Gervais fan, do all these cunts end up with the same YouTube algorithms?

14 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

all in the name of balance,

Yeah, this is really dangerous. Eamonn Holmes was on about balance once about something like flat earth or vaccines causing death. “Just because their views aren’t mainstream doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be heard like mainstream views” or some cack.  It’s as if that less than one percent of people are equal to the other 99 and should be given the same airtime and respect, even though they’ve been rubbished countless times. 

59 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Oh yeah, my bad. His fanboys are the worst. One of my mates used to incessantly post YouTube videos about him in our group chat, in between QAnon vids that is, and while we’d ridicule him for it he was convinced he was opening our eyes, then QAnon hit the mainstream and he backtracked to “no smoke without fire”. He’s also a big Peterson, Rogan and Gervais fan, do all these cunts end up with the same YouTube algorithms?

I think Rogan is the great destroyer of peoples Youtube algorithms. Oh you like MMA, well heres Joe Rogan voice of UFC interviewing Ben Shapiro. You watched five minutes of Elon Musk making a fool of himself on the JRE, you will love 25 "Watch left wing FEMINIST get OWNED!!!" videos filling up your recommendations. Took me ages to sort out my YouTube because of that prick. 

• Paid Members

You only have to look at Musk's repeated "how could I possibly do anything to solve all the world's ills with my billions of dollars?" tweets to see that he deserve a place on this iist.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I think Rogan is the great destroyer of peoples Youtube algorithms. Oh you like MMA, well heres Joe Rogan voice of UFC interviewing Ben Shapiro. You watched five minutes of Elon Musk making a fool of himself on the JRE, you will love 25 "Watch left wing FEMINIST get OWNED!!!" videos filling up your recommendations. Took me ages to sort out my YouTube because of that prick. 

Liking MMA is your crime and the rest of that is your punishment.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Can we make room for Ted Nugent too?

He seems to get held up as some kind of American Hero despite admitting to feigning an injury to avoid the draft and writing a song about wanting to fuck a 13 year old

Huge fan of trophy hunting too which gets him an automatic entry to any list of awful people.

I don’t know if anyone holds Ted Nugent up as someone intelligent or influential though, so he probably doesn’t qualify for Mount Rushmoron in the same way as a Musk or a Rogan.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator