AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Lon, I believe that was the finish. Soho went for her finisher but with Rose on the top rope (we all know doing your finisher from a different ring position as standard is more devastating). But she missed it. Which led to Rose hitting a senton and winning. It’s a match Soho was likely to win, so the fact she lost will probably be used on Rampage/next dynamite.

At least that’s how I saw it. 

@ReturnOfTheMacki just checked their last match, Ruby Soho won the match doing that kick when Nyla was on the top turnbuckle. It was a call back to the TBS semi final they had at Christmas

Yeah, it's what I guessed, but with it coming out of the blue it just seemed odd - like did they not do building up injuring the leg? Or her going for it throughout the match and referencing the previous match end on commentary?

Disclaimer: I watched the match while off my tits on painkillers, and can't be arsed to watch again.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I'm pretty sure Kip was in the front row on Dynamite with a box on his head.

Yes, that has been happening for a long time, but it’s never referenced as such

8 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Yeah, it's what I guessed, but with it coming out of the blue it just seemed odd - like did they not do building up injuring the leg? Or her going for it throughout the match and referencing the previous match end on commentary?

Disclaimer: I watched the match while off my tits on painkillers, and can't be arsed to watch again.

Not that I caught (though like you I’ve been suffering with flu and I was drifting in and out of the match this morning)

55 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

And did I black out during the Soho/Rose match? What happened with Soho missing that kick?

Saw it as a miss in the moment but they went straight into a finish makes it seem intentional. Nyla gets the flukey win back, doesn't greatly diminish Ruby.

Sets Nyla up as a challenger for the TBS title most likely. Don't think Jade's gone against a physically dominating opponent yet. Also keeps the run of Jade's opponents having seconds as Vickie will be at ringside to provide some cover or non-wrestling bit.

• Paid Members

Commentary has been pretty bad recently, all 3 guys sound flat. Definitely lacks a strong character to create some banter and energy, they need to put Taz or Don Callis in there permanently. 

Edited by LaGoosh

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Commentary has been pretty bad recently, all 3 guys sound flat. Definitely lacks a strong character to create some banter and energy, they need to put Taz or Don Callis in there permanently. 

Maybe I'm putting this too much on JR but I think he brings the other two's performance down by being just pretty shit these days. I realise he's sick, he's old etc. But, Christ, there were so points during last night's show where I wished he'd just shut up with his inane "analysis".

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The cat woke me up at 6 this morning so I put the first part of Dynamite on before work. Even half asleep that Lambert/Brandi segment was atrocious. Exchanging meaningless insider references. Oooohh. Terrible.

The dynamic I didn't get. I know Cody is doing his 'thing', but Brandi is... a heel? So why have her against a massive heel heat machine in Lambert. Or is she a face? In which case why the shit wrong city stuff? Just a total mess.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure if they are actually doing the "the mist turns you evil/puts you into Malakai's power" thing that I've seen hinted at, but I'd not mind Penta being shifted into the House of Black.

Make him slow way down and wrestle like a nasty sadistic bastard, which he's very capable of. Then Fenix can come back as a solo face.