The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Big Shaddy Cool (better, air raid?)

The band is back together.

5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Eric didn't own WCW LCJ. He always had someone higher up to answer to. 

hulk hogan wrestling GIF

2 minutes ago, JLM said:

Was Jack Tunney democratically elected, is what I want to know. 

Would never have had a place in wrestling without his uncle, plus we all know he was on the take so probably scammed his way to power.

Edited by Merzbow

I never said Eric owned WCW. I’m fully aware of the fact that Ted Turner owned it and Bischoff applied for the job to run it, and got it. My point was that not all major wrestling promotions were run the same way in the last 40 years by “nepo babies”.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, LCJ said:

I never said Eric owned WCW. I’m fully aware of the fact that Ted Turner owned it and Bischoff applied for the job to run it, and got it. My point was that not all major wrestling promotions were run the same way in the last 40 years by “nepo babies”.

He didn't run it in the same way that HHH doesn't run WWE now. He always has to answer to a higher up. TK has no-one to answer to, and if he does it's his dad. Therfore he is a nepo baby. 

1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

He didn't run it in the same way that HHH doesn't run WWE now. He always has to answer to a higher up. TK has no-one to answer to, and if he does it's his dad. Therfore he is a nepo baby. 

Not disputing that TK is a “nepo baby”. Just pointed out that not all major promotions have been run under the same circumstances.

As far as I know, Paul Heyman wasn't from wealth, and he ran/owned ECW (badly) for most of a decade.  Jeff Jarrett I guess you could say was a nepo baby (hate that term) but he put his own money into TNA alongside his father.  Rob Feinstein was a nepo something but not from a rich background, and he founded and ran ROH.  

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sounds like something a nepo baby would say. 

Nepios in Ancient Greek means "baby" so you're all saying "baby baby" effectively.  Triggers the etymology nonce in me.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Nepios in Ancient Greek means "baby" so you're all saying "baby baby" effectively.  Triggers the etymology nonce in me.

"Nepos" means "grandson" or "nephew" in Latin, though.

26 minutes ago, Loki said:

As far as I know, Paul Heyman wasn't from wealth, and he ran/owned ECW (badly) for most of a decade.  Jeff Jarrett I guess you could say was a nepo baby (hate that term) but he put his own money into TNA alongside his father.  Rob Feinstein was a nepo something but not from a rich background, and he founded and ran ROH.  

ECW went under owing millions to the Heyman family.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sounds like something a nepo baby would say. 

9 minutes ago, Loki said:

Nepios in Ancient Greek means "baby" so you're all saying "baby baby" effectively. 

5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

"Nepos" means "grandson" or "nephew" in Latin, though.

Latin? Latino World Order. Were a faction on Nitro... which was a weekly pro wrestling series. Series. Survivor Series. Who was in the lWo? El Dandy. Who are you to doubt El Dandy? Bret Hart didn't. He was nicknamed "El Dandy" because of his success with women. You know who else has had success with women? Apart from Bret Hart? CM PUNK.

CM Punk confirmed to be returning at Survivor Series. The signs are there, lads.