The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

8 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

You asked 'How is this different from any other major wrestling promoter of the past 40 years?'
Vince made a profit - that's how this is different. 

Plus it’s different as they were wrestling nepo babies who worked within the industry for years and not someone who set up a new company and installed himself as the head everything. 

• Paid Members

The quote LaGoosh responded to was about TK inheriting his wealth. 
LaGoosh pointed out that most other modern wrestling promoters also inherited their wealth , so he’s no different in that regard. It was never suggested that there are no differences at all between Tony and other wrestling promoters. By listing any other differences which spring to mind, you are dunking upon a straw man. He’s just a straw boy from a straw family, and you must let him go. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

You asked 'How is this different from any other major wrestling promoter of the past 40 years?'
Vince made a profit - that's how this is different. 

So you misquoted and misunderstood the point I was making. Great.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, JLM said:

The quote LaGoosh responded to was about TK inheriting his wealth. 
LaGoosh pointed out that most other modern wrestling promoters also inherited their wealth , so he’s no different in that regard. It was never suggested that there are no differences at all between Tony and other wrestling promoters. By listing any other differences which spring to mind, you are dunking upon a straw man. He’s just a straw boy from a straw family, and you must let him go. 

Its all subjective (and I'm sure his mam likes him), but no one else has managed to be quite so obnoxious about it imo.

To be a billionaire the odds are pretty strong that you're going to be a twat. There's a stronger chance your offspring are going to be even worse. He never really stood a chance.

But combine that with the worst kind of early 2000's ROH workrate perve, having no self awareness or filter at all on social media.... he really, really grates me. (Not that he will give a flying fuck of course).

He really should have taken the Vince McMahon example of posting nothing on Twitter. He'd be held in a much better light and knowledge of how much of a weirdo he is would be much less widespread.

There would always be (and to a degree there still is) a big constituency of fans simply thankful for him pumping millions of his family's money to create a big federation on national tv. It was so avoidable.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Nope. Just answered the question. Relax. 

I didn't ask "what are the differences between Tony Khan and Vince McMahon?" though did I? It was quite clearly a rhetorical question making the point that yes Tony Khan is a nepo baby but so is every other major wrestling promoter in the past 40 years. Including, and especially, Vince McMahon. 

I'm perfectly relaxed, thanks. Though somewhat exhausted by some of the posts on here.