Best sequels

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Is he really? I think I may just notice him in Temple of Doom as his fight scene is awesome. The brown body paint is probably a bit urgh though. 

He is indeed;

OIP.gaC3Tsrb_NngLCLCh7k3yQAAAA?pid=ImgDe

eGuIw0inEcTg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

pat-roach-indiana-jones-movies-4.jpg?res

Edited by BomberPat

2 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I always felt that the first wasn't meant to be funny, but was by accident. After that they played up the comedy undertone by design. 

A lot similar with the Nighmare on Elm Street franchise.  From part 2 onwards they became Comedy/Horror 

• Paid Members

Which final destination had a "choose your own adventure" type thing on the DVD as you watched, deciding what characters do?

Edit: it's 3.

"Special DVD editions labeled "Thrill Ride Edition" also include an optional feature called "Choose Their Fate", allowing viewers to make decisions at several points in the film. Most provide only minor alterations to the death scenes, but the first choice allows the viewer to stop Wendy, Kevin, Jason, and Carrie from boarding the roller coaster before the premonition, ending the film immediately"

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Whilst not great films by any mark, I do enjoy the Final Destination films the more they go on.  The ridiculousness get ramped up as they go and the convoluted methods of death bring to mind a gruesome Wile E Coyoye scenario. They get funnier with each passing film. 

I watched them all in one day last year. I thought they were completely indistinguishable from each other but the Mary Elizabeth Winstead one was my favourite for obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Which final destination had a "choose your own adventure" type thing on the DVD as you watched, deciding what characters do?

Not sure about that, but the Final Destination 2 DVD had a "choose your own fate" a questionnaire that would predict the year you were going to die. Got a few people paranoid.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I wouldn't argue with anybody calling one of them the best of the four. 

The only reasonable grounds for argument here is complete denial that the fourth one even exists.

Put me down for another one who saw Temple of Doom first and it remains my favourite to this day. It helped that the bad guy was also the bad guy in a bunch of Hindi films I'd seen as well.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The only reasonable grounds for argument here is complete denial that the fourth one even exists.

Put me down for another one who saw Temple of Doom first and it remains my favourite to this day. It helped that the bad guy was also the bad guy in a bunch of Hindi films I'd seen as well.

Wasn't Om Puri quite a big star in Indian cinema? The Mauritian side of my family knew him immediately on sight when they saw Mola Ram, and they like most Mauritians watch a ton of Indian films.

Temple Of Doom was a bit like Return Of The Jedi for me as a kid, the one I had the easiest access to and saw the most so for years thought it was the best one. With Indy the best one is The Last Crusade though, can't think of another film I could just put on at any time and just be filled with joy.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Wasn't Om Puri quite a big star in Indian cinema? The Mauritian side of my family knew him immediately on sight when they saw Mola Ram, and they like most Mauritians watch a ton of Indian films.

He was, and I think Mola Ram was a really good villain, however Raiders had Toht, who is one of my all time favourite bad guys. 

• Paid Members

I didn't hate Rocky V. I liked the idea but it was poorly executed. You could have cut some of the hospital scenes into an opening for Rocky Balboa  to explain how we get where we are, and foregone the whole Tommy Gunn angle. It's the worst one. 

What a out Creed 2 over Creed? It tries to be Rocky 4.