Best sequels

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, patiirc said:

I love Robocop 2, but maybe the only person who dies, same with Predator 2.

It has it's fans. There's some really good stuff in there, but ultimately it's nothing close to the original, which is the best film of all time. 

15 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, gmoney said:

It has it's fans. There's some really good stuff in there, but ultimately it's nothing close to the original, which is the best film of all time. 

36 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

21 jump street drugs GIF

Thanks all. I'm sat in A and E after possibly busting my collar bone and shoulder. 

Absolutely loving this year 😭

• Paid Members

I like RoboCop 2, there's an interesting thread with a child criminal going against code as a nice follow up to him not being able to hurt OCP staff in 1 and a good explanation on why they don't just make hundreds of him if he's so good.

It's not as good as 1 though.

3 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I've always been rather fond of Temple of Doom and prefer it to Raiders of the lost ark, which is still a great film. The opening musical segment, to Indy chucking a meat skewer into a guys chest, to a car chase involving a child. The plane crash segment is a bit odd but I feel its action packed with a nice humour element. Also Pat Roach is in it. 

Temple of Doom is technically  a prequel to Raiders, but it is better. 

Whilst not great films by any mark, I do enjoy the Final Destination films the more they go on.  The ridiculousness get ramped up as they go and the convoluted methods of death bring to mind a gruesome Wile E Coyoye scenario. They get funnier with each passing film. 

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

He was in all of them! And I think, prior to Crystal Skull, he might've been the only actor to appear in the series four times. 

Is he really? I think I may just notice him in Temple of Doom as his fight scene is awesome. The brown body paint is probably a bit urgh though. 

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Temple Of Doom was the first one I ever saw as a kid, and shit the life out of me, so its always been my favourite.

Short Round as well innit.

First one for me too, which helps my love for it. It is probably an easier watch storyline wise for a kid too. I mean all 3 of the 80s movies were absolutely fantastic. I wouldn't argue with anybody calling one of them the best of the four. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They get funnier with each passing film. 

I always felt that the first wasn't meant to be funny, but was by accident. After that they played up the comedy undertone by design.