Best sequels

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Certainly not as good as the original, but I have always liked Jaws 2 and really doesn't deserve to be tied in with the two that followed it.

Yeah, it's one of the best monster movies ever made. Watched it almost as much as the original when I was a kid.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I’ve said it before, but Ghostbusters 2.

I always liked it more than 1 as a nipper because it had more Ernie Hudson and good guy Slimer.

Edited by Tommy!

Maybe it's just me but I preferred Wayne's world 2. The YMCA part always gets a laugh from me.

Also preferred Austin powers the spy who shagged me to the first one. Maybe it's cause of mini me.

• Paid Members

I'd always suggest The Mighty Ducks 2 as a joke, but still as an excellent movie moving on from an alright first. I have absolutely no idea why but on average I'll watch this once a week while I'm bored. The first film is okay but adding in the extra characters and giving the franchise the Bash Brothers seemed to bring it up a notch. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, sivy said:

Also preferred Austin powers the spy who shagged me to the first one.

As a 12 - 16 year old AP2 was the funniest amongst our group. After that we all sort of looked past the basic easy jokes and enjoyed AP1 more. That's not to knock SWSM, it was just more encapsulated in its time 

• Paid Members

The only good film in the Resident Evil series is Resident Evil: Extinction, probably because it wasn't directed by Paul W.S. (Well Shit) Anderson, and is some mental Mad Max rip-off that doesn't care about the source at all. I'm sure Johannes Roberts' upcoming reboot will be thoroughly miserable as well, he's even worse than Anderson.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

Can't think of any others I've seen but here's a genuine question for the film geeks on the forum; is Bride of Frankenstein better than Frankenstein?

No, but they're both fantastic. The margin of quality is very small though.

7 hours ago, PunkStep said:

That's actually a really good shout. I've seen the sequel countless times and the original only a couple of times, the sequel is much better. It makes me sad that we didn't get more of Lauryn Hill in pretty much ANY capacity post-The Miseducation Of. What a talent.

She is properly brilliant in it and could have easily have gone on to have a successful career in acting if she wanted to. Instead she went and made two of the greatest records of all time, so you can’t complain too much I guess.