Wrestlers you liked/disliked mainly due to their music?

Maikeru

Was never a big fan of Reigns before but his new theme is epic - gives him a whole different aura. Just got me thinking:

Wrestlers whose music made me like them much more - Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, Mr. Perfect, Virgil, Jake Roberts, Alundra Blayze, Alexa Bliss (1st theme), Sid Justice, Tatanka, Scott Steiner, Crush, Kurt Angle TNA theme, Jeff Jarrett TNA, Christian Cage TNA, AJ Styles TNA and NJPW, Samoa Joe TNA, Booker T TNA, Takashi Iizuka NJPW, Tomohiro Ishii NJPW, Ricky Steamboat, The Rock, MVP (Ballin), Roman Reigns (new heel theme), Doink (heel)

Wrestlers whose music really took away from their aura for me (realise some of these may be unpopular opinions) - Big Show, British Bulldog (Rule Britannia theme), Legion of Doom, John Cena (current theme not thuganomics), Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, El Matador, Ric Flair, Diesel, The Model, Dudleys, Hardys, Hiroshi Tanahashi NJPW, Chris Jericho, Jeff Jarrett (WWF Double J theme), Bam Bam Bigelow, Roman Reigns (face/Shield theme), Doink (face)

Has this ever been make or break for you? 

• Paid Members

Have to disagree about Savage, Bulldog, Flair - for me, there's nothing that makes something or someone seem big time more than grandiose, orchestral, classical music. See also Italia '90. Agree about Perfect for the same reason.

Whilst I don't feel like Cena's "career" theme has taken away from him, I really did prefer his Thuganomics theme.

Whilst Drew McIntyre's Broken Dreams theme made him, in conjunction with the rest of the gimmick, seem a bit Poundshop Randy Orton, it did help make him seem like a much bigger deal, which, considering he'd been in 3MB up to that run, was quite an achievement. Actually, when Orton debuted the Voices theme, it was a lot more intriguing (even though Burn In My Light was a cracking little theme you could sing along to), and coincided with the start of that now-infamous run that should've been awesome but was ruined by Shane McMahon.

Christian's an interesting one, as he's had loads of themes. His second CHRISTIAAAAN! one was pretty decent, and his Waterproof Blonde one Just Close Your Eyes was good. The TNA one, to me, only made him seem a bigger deal because of his debut, which was one of the few things TNA of that era did really well. Kurt Angle's TNA theme to me just felt generic, wasn't bothered at all. 

I wouldn't say there's ever been a case where it was "make or break" for me, though. Usually, when it comes down to single elements in a wrestler's gimmick or character, I'm more interested when they debuted a satisfying new finisher (Mutoh's Shining Wizard before it got used by every fucker on the indy scene, Goldust's Electric Dreams or Orton's RKO), or when they introduce a personalised bit of kit (I'm thinking specifically Greg Valentine's "Heartbreaker" shinpad or Taz' original FTW title).

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Whilst Drew McIntyre's Broken Dreams theme made him, in conjunction with the rest of the gimmick, seem a bit Poundshop Randy Orton, it did help make him seem like a much bigger deal, which, considering he'd been in 3MB up to that run, was quite an achievement.

Wasn't Broken Dreams before 3MB? He was still doing the "comedy" air-guitar shite when he was released. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, mim731 said:

Wasn't Broken Dreams before 3MB? He was still doing the "comedy" air-guitar shite when he was released. 

Y'know, it's been such a weird thing with him, with different runs, ups and downs, firing and re-hiring, that I'd completely misremembered it. You're absolutely right.

Randy Orton's music is not only the worst wrestling entrance theme ever made, but probably the worst piece of music. An absolutely horrendous racket. Probably the number one reason as to why I've never got on with him. There have been times when I've been interested in seeing a certain match of his but then his music hits and all interest immediately evaporates.

4 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Crush's music was one of the biggest reasons I loved him so much as a kid.

Yeah that Summerslam 92 match might aswell have been on Superstars or something but the entance with his music as the suns just gone down and crowd going mad, love it. Baiscally just Sid's theme from a few months back with a massive intro.

I've hated all of Orton's themes. The shit 'Burn in my Light' song he got after Triple H booted him out of Evolution for being too good/cool pretty much did for his (slim) chances of getting over as a face champion, and the voices theme is just so dull and slow.

Evolution were cool as fuck with that Motorhead theme as well, despite that being bang in the middle of H's 'in this business'  20 min opening promo segment era.