Wrestlers you liked/disliked mainly due to their music?

Maikeru

Test's one from around '99, with the scat singing. To me, he should have been a top guy because of that music alone and I bloody loved him for it, even though he wasn't up to much. Then they binned off the main bit, and even though they kept the intro, suddenly I realised he was mid-card at best.

Why would you paste a completely different song after an intro, it's equal parts lazy, bizarre and shite.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Randy Orton's music is not only the worst wrestling entrance theme ever made, but probably the worst piece of music. An absolutely horrendous racket. Probably the number one reason as to why I've never got on with him. There have been times when I've been interested in seeing a certain match of his but then his music hits and all interest immediately evaporates.

This a thousand times over. This dreadful song just sucks the air out of everything the second it starts.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, hallicks said:

Test's one from around '99, with the scat singing. To me, he should have been a top guy because of that music alone and I bloody loved him for it, even though he wasn't up to much. Then they binned off the main bit, and even though they kept the intro, suddenly I realised he was mid-card at best.

Why would you paste a completely different song after an intro, it's equal parts lazy, bizarre and shite.

Yeh, it sounded like a weird, shit, early-2000s rock cover of Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This).

In the mid-2000s, there was a period where when I was having trouble getting to sleep and I had Uni the next day, I'd just think of the heel theme they gave Test when he joined the Alliance and after. Off I'd drift to the land of slumber, every time.

Tazz had a badass theme considering they just wanted him to get beat up by Albert. 

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Got seasick reading the first post, but Alex Riley is a rare example of someone who was less over than his music. 

Sam for Rob Conway and his Randy Newman theme. Would have been a great theme for someone who was good. 

• Paid Members

Biker Taker's best theme was You're Gonna Pay. His best deadman theme was that Ministry one with the guitars and him going on in Latin over the intro. 

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I know Fandango was a bit over for a while, but would it be fair to say his music was also more over than he was?

Yeah he definitely came to mind when I read that. Probably a few of the guys who had a snazzy, sing-a-long entrance and were over in NXT but just became an ‘entrance’ when they hit the main roster - Bobby Roode and No Way Jose for example. 

Edited by Sergio Bellend

12 minutes ago, Sergio Bellend said:

Yeah he definitely came to mind when I read that. Probably a few of the guys who had a snazzy, sing-a-long entrance and were over in NXT but just became an ‘entrance’ when they hit the main roster - Bobby Roode and No Way Jose for example. 

You can add Adam Rose to that list too. Although I'd say that the defining trait of Roode, Rose and, to a (very slightly) lesser extent, No Way Jose, was their entrance even in NXT.