Sky One Memories

Glenryck Pilchards

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't remember Sky One showing skin flicks. You used to have to go three doors along to RTL1 for those.

..or Sky Movies on a Thursday night around 1995 or 1996. 11:30pm. Etched in my brain. Sunday night on Sky Movies at 10pm was for horrors. I remember "Hellraiser 3" being shown a lot.

• Paid Members

Fond memories of the DJ Kat show, Games World and The Fun factory on Saturday mornings, 

DJ Cat show was also my entry into rollerblading. I entered a competition to win Summerslam 92 tickets and ended up 3rd place. I won a Demolition Axe Hasbro and a pair of Rollerblades.

Great days. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I remember all the hype for Space Precinct and what a big piece of shit it turned out to be

I remember watching that and being convinced I should like it even though I didn't we'll before we got sky, did it get a repeat run on BBC2 or did it just move channels?

All I remember from sky one apart from the Simpsons is Smackdown uncut on Tuesday night in the "testoster-zone", metal and Livewire on a Sunday afternoon and The Strangers, a dystopian sci-fi comedy with him out of farther brown and Milton Jones which I'm slightly obsessed with despite it being shite.

32 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Fond memories of the DJ Kat show, Games World and The Fun factory on Saturday mornings, 

DJ Cat show was also my entry into rollerblading. I entered a competition to win Summerslam 92 tickets and ended up 3rd place. I won a Demolition Axe Hasbro and a pair of Rollerblades.

Great days. 

I wanted the fish bone necklace he’d always give away. Fuck the guitar or whatever else he had, I’d have looked so badass in my knock off campri skiing jacket and my fish bone necklace.

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I remember watching that and being convinced I should like it even though I didn't we'll before we got sky, did it get a repeat run on BBC2 or did it just move channels?

It was definitely shown on bbc 2 later because I remember watching it (and didn’t have sky), pretty sure they put it in the prime 6pm slot on a Monday. “Let’s just say I transferred to another precinct!” ‘Twas but utter shite. 

• Paid Members

Just looked, same old shit spread over 2 channels.  Prodigal Son is showing the same fucking episode at the same fucking time on both fucking channels.  I blame the foreigners for obvious reasons.

• Paid Members

Wasn't there that dating show where the lady was trans, and she kept them all interested for the whole series, then when she told them she was trans in the last episode everybody immediately withdrew from the show? Something about Miriam was it called? Poor girl. 

We got Sky One on cable (piped TV as it was referred to) from the early 90's up until about 1994 when there was a disagreement and the cable company dropped it til 96/97. I sorely missed my early morning episodes of DJ Kat in those years. When we got it back it was the most watched station in our house. Married With Children weekdays at half 6, ER and (the god awful) Nanny and 3rd Rock on a Thursday night. South Park on a Saturday night (even if most of the jokes went over my head, it was rude and I wasn't supposed to be watching it damnit!) and then Sunday with 90210, The Simpsons, King of the Hill & later Futurama.

Was a few US shows that weren't successful that nobody else in the house (or who I knew) liked except me.  A cheesy cop show called High Incident, The Eddie Murphy claymation sorta show The PJ's and Titus (don't be a wussy!)

Also where I got my first taste of WWF with the recap shows and then later Smackdown! on a Saturday morning,

Edited by DCW