AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

It's probably an allegation that gets thrown at any group like that. Spears felt superfluous, but MJF, FTR & Wardlow feels like as close to a horsemen lineup as you can get, especially with Tully involved. The loose affiliation rather than actual stable thing going on with FTR, Andrade and Black feels a lot more like the original horsemen, though. From what Arn says about it they were literally just all at the interview table at the same time on that episode of NWA World Championship Wrestling and Arn threw the line out there when he saw who he was there with. I liked the early "we're not a group, but we have each other's backs" feel of them at first. Obviously when it started becoming more formal things got even better, but it was such an organic thing. 

38 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is Christian the Jurassic Express's manager now? I wonder whether he got his head rattled a bit at Full Gear. 

I think that's more of Christian's subtle heel side slowly coming out, he used the word "we" about 5 times in that promo when he was referring to the tag team success of Jurassic Express. It's definitely building towards a heel turn on Jungle Boy some time soon.

I wouldn't be against Luchasaurus remaining with Christian when the heel turn does happen, he would be good in a Tomko like role and all of Christian's best heel work is when he has a big body guard backing him up.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I reckon Cargill will win the TBS title, Rosa will make her look good in the semi, and Ruby will do the same in the final, plus we can always have Britt Baker get involved to set up Rosa Vs Britt. I just worry that without the right opponents she's going to struggle.

I see it being Thunder Rosa v. Ruby Soho in the final. It's a match you can sell as a proper main event for the 1st Dynamite on TBS.

I'm surprised MJF and Tully haven't had a much closer partnership with Tully when you look at how well the other three of the "Four Pillars" have done with their veteran mentor. Jungle Boy has improved a lot since Christian aligned with him, Sammy has undoubtedly benefited from being alongside Jericho compared to those opening few shows and Darby has become arguably their most over wrestler helped in part to his partnership with Sting.

Obviously all three are immensely talented as well, which helps. And they're all improving the more exposure and experience they're getting, But having an experienced hand beside them has helped as well. And maybe having Tully in MJF's corner would help him turn his promos from the desperate cheap heat tactics he's got now to something a bit more meaningful. Unless Spears is meant to be playing the role of experienced hand helping MJF, hence the reason for their continued partnership more so than FTR or Tully.

The factions are a mess just now. You seen ally black help FTR again, and no one in inner circle either Wednesday or “friday” go after 2.0 and Garcia after they attacked Jericho 

30 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Weren’t FTR and Lucha Bros supposed to be having a 2 out of 3 Falls Match sometime soon? Have they already had it or have I completely imagined that 

It was supposed to take place on Rampage last week but Fenix was injured apparently so they replaced him with PAC and turned it into one fall.