• Paid Members

I thought they hated the BBC because it was all leftists and they made pensioners pay the license fee now?

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I thought they hated the BBC because it was all leftists and they made pensioners pay the license fee now?

Just goes to show how strong the Matterface Effect is.

27 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It seems they hate adverts and that annoying little fuzzy box in the top left corner that precedes them even more.

I have to say, as a Scotsman it's my duty to wish England zero success in any international tournament, but like many Scots my reasoning lies with the type of fans we've seen all over social media the past few days, and a media that is nothing short of arrogance personified. 

What I would say at the end of this tournament is that this is easily the most likeable England team in many a year. Usually England aren't hard to dislike, but I think even the most staunch Scottish nationalist would find it difficult to find anyone in the England squad that is unlikeable. 

It's somewhat bittersweet, as England will surely win something eventually, and I'd certainly rather that the plaudits and legendary status were heaped onto this group of individuals than some in the past. 

The very notion of John Terry lifting a European Championship trophy, or God forbid a World Cup was unthinkable. Let's hope they can get the job done before the next "JT" and others of his ilk roll around again.

7 minutes ago, David said:

The very notion of John Terry lifting a European Championship trophy, or God forbid a World Cup was unthinkable. Let's hope they can get the job done before the next "JT" and others of his ilk roll around again

I think we have reached the turning point. This England team are representative of a generation promoting fairness, equality and most crucially, accountability. This is a generation who aren’t worried about challenging the wrongs in the country’s history and the crimes of empire. 

John Terry et al were, to me at least, the embodiment of the “British by birth, English by the grace of god” mentality of automatically being better than anyone non English. I saw a stat today saying 10-14% of the population think you must be white to be English. The “Golden generation” was their team. Their team, and their time, has passed. 

34 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think we have reached the turning point. This England team are representative of a generation promoting fairness, equality and most crucially, accountability. This is a generation who aren’t worried about challenging the wrongs in the country’s history and the crimes of empire. 

Very true, but we haven't yet seen the generation of children that is currently growing up in the Brexit/Boris/snowflake jibes era yet. I hope you're right. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Can only admire those bastards. Chiellini kissing his arm Luis Suarez style after he was yellow carded for garrotting Saka was the most shithousery I've ever seen. 

I thought it was hilarious before acknowledging how apoplectically angry had I been if it was little Daniel James through on goal for Wales and he did that!