Is it love you're after, or just a good time?

Arthur B. Funky

• Moderators

I don't really have a problem with ghosting in the modern world of online dating if you've never actually met. And while it is shitty behaviour if you actually met up or went on a date, I don't necessarily blame women for not engaging given the number of psycho men out there who will start calling them ugly and a slut because they aren't interested. 

There's two or three that spring to mind..

Many years ago there was a pub near us that used to do a drink called the pigfucker. Mixed spirits with a touch of fruit juice, horrible and very strong and it made the gaff a destination for the worst kind of student. Like me and my mates. One night we bumped into a girl that we sort of knew, and she and I got chatting, got pissed and she invited me back to hers. Got back there, so far so good, she nips to the loo, and when she gets back to the living room I've let her two pet mice out of the cage. One's clambering around on me without a care in the world, the other one's disappeared under the sofa. After a fair bit of being told off and a bit of a struggle to get them out away, she and I went off to bed and did the deed, all fine and dandy. 

Then the next morning hit. I woke up with the mother of all hangovers realising that even if I left immediately, went home and got changed and sprinted to the station, I still wouldn't get to work on time. To compound things, I also needed a shit. Badly. So I've reached her bathroom, done a real hate crime of an explosive pebble dash job on her loo, then realised that there's no loo roll. At all. Managed to half clean my swampy hairy arse up with two tiny screwed up bits of tissue out of her bin. Went back to her room, thinking a: I'm late for work (had biiiig job anxiety back then) and b:even if I wanted to I couldn't go in for round two because I'm fucking minging down there. So I just shouted 'i'm off! See you around', gave her a little peck on the cheek and legged it. 

Used to see her around after that and she always just blanked me. Never had the guts to find out whether it was because of what I did to her bog or because I shagged her and ran. I imagine the latter. 

Next one was probably the most embarrassing at the time. After a period of being single, a female mate who works part time as a Dom offered to set me up with her friend. Her mate was cute and seemed nice the couple of times we'd met so I said yes. The girl and I message back a few times and she's telling me a time and where she lives and how she's really excited but I won't be able to stay the night because she doesn't like people staying over. She also told me to 'bring her something nice' with me. I was relatively inexperienced at the time and my brain put the odd messages together with the fact her mate was a dominatrix, and I concluded that she must be one too, and what I thought was a date was actually me accidentally booking an appointment. So I bottled it, text her that a family emergency had come up and went to the pub. Half an hour after I got there, she walked in. Turns out she genuinely liked me but now thought that I'd fucked her off because I didn't fancy her and was very upset. Couldn't explain why I'd really cancelled, and she never gave me a chance anyway. Off she went, never saw her again. 

And finally, a girl kind of attached to my group of mates in my local a few years ago had a proper go at a guy I know. Used to be a mate but he's a bit of a nutter and not terribly nice, especially around women so I keep my distance a bit. She gave him her number a week before but then he'd been absolutely pelting her with messages, 50 or 60 a day. So she told him to fuck off, very publicly, in the boozer. He got very angry and I got the job of calming him down. Genuinely think if I hadn't kept hold of his arm, he'd have swung for her.  She leaves pretty soon after, the atmosphere now being fucking horrible, and I get a FB friend request from her half an hour later while I'm at the bar and a message asking me to go round and see her. On the one hand the bloke was sort of a mate, but on the other, he was definitely in the wrong and I was single and horny, so you can guess what I did. About 3am I woke up needing a slash, asked her where her loo is. She responds 'it's through my son's room'. Right on cue a 4 year old boy walks in, picks up her vibrator off the floor and starts waving it around and asking what it is. 

I'm glad I'm married now and with any luck won't ever have to negotiate dating again. 

• Paid Members

I've had some belters over the years. From going on a date with someone who turned out to be an exes Uncle to someone who I found out a few weeks after meeting them was a murderer. 

The one that I always share though was a Tinder special. We start talking and he seems nice so I agree to meet him for lunch the next day. We sit down, start chatting and our food arrives pretty quickly. Within 20 minutes of meeting this guy face to face he tells me he's a born again christan, so much so he had his penis circumsized. This was as I'm trying to eat my veggie burger (which was shit). After about 15minutes I realise I need to get out of this, as he's telling me all about how the entire church scene over the west side of the Island is a massive swingers group.

I suggest we walk off our lunch along the beach so I can slowly make my way back to my car. During the walk he informs me that every couple of months or so he has a mental breakdown and spends a fortnight living with the monks at the local Abbey. He asks me to come and pray with him there the next day which I politely decline. We talk about my most recent relationship and I'm honest, he left to work in France and then blocked me on everything. Finally I have reached my car and I say I need to go home as my son was due to come home or some other excuse. We say good bye and I breathe a massive sigh of relief in the car. 

As I'm plugging in my phone to charge I realise that I've accidentally butt dialed someone. My ex. The one I had been talking about. He messaged me later that day, he had heard everything. Oops.

That night the date from hell starts spamming me with messages. He tells me that he's actually married and left his wife and 3 kids without saying a word to them the week prior. He was now madly in love with me after just a day of messaging on Tinder. I've never blocked anyone so fast in my life.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Philo_Vance said:

There's two or three that spring to mind..

Many years ago there was a pub near us that used to do a drink called the pigfucker. Mixed spirits with a touch of fruit juice, horrible and very strong and it made the gaff a destination for the worst kind of student. Like me and my mates. One night we bumped into a girl that we sort of knew...

I got very nervous this was about to enter Gatso territory.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not my experience but after reading through the thread tonight I believe its a story that would be appropriate to share here.

A friend of mine went through a spell of using tinder when it first became popular prior to meeting his wife and on one evening had finished work, gotten home about 10pm and decided to have a scroll through.

Within minutes of doing so he matched with a woman and began messaging back and forward with her where they discovered that she was infact working in a restaurant/bar which was literally across the street from his flat as they were messaging.

She explained that she was due to finish about 11pm or so and that she would come over straight after before also making it very clear to my friend (who is a very good looking guy) that she wasn't coming over to get to know his personality.

So my friend popped in for a shower, put fresh sheets onto his bed and got out a bottle of wine hoping that he wasn't going to be catfished.

On schedule the buzzer to his flat goes and once he opens the door standing there is this gorgeous woman, even more attractive than he had believed her to be from her pictures. 

She comes in and they began chatting over a glass of wine where she quickly tells him she wants to move things to the bedroom, they begin kissing before going through to his bedroom where she then kicks off her ankle boots as they lay down and continue kissing.

At this point he becomes aware of a very strong unpleasant smell however can't quite identify or locate it however its so off putting that he can't even focus on kissing the very attractive woman.

As they manouvre themselves further on his bed he realises that (as he describes in his Glawegian accent) "her hooves are absolutely barking". Not only that but somehow both of their heads are now where her bare feet had been on his bed and the smell is even more prominent.

She begins to unzip his jeans as they continue kissing to which, upon realising he has absolutely no hope of achieving an erection, he pulls away anxiously and despite having been for one shortly previously say's he is going to go for a shower...and asks whether she would like to join.

She refuses but says seductively that she will wait for him and not to be too long. He proceeds to go into his bathroom and turn on the shower whilst he sits on the lid of his toilet weighing up his options.

After 5 minutes or so he goes back into his bedroom to what he describes as the best body he had ever seen laying naked on top of his duvet..."entertaining herself" and beckoning him over.

To sell the shower gimmick he has came back in wearing only a towel and as he tries to get back into things he becomes aware of another very strong smell of unwashed vagina.

He tries to "soldier on" as he puts it however is so put off my the various unappealing aroma's that he is fully incapable of achieving an erection. 

Not wanting to embaress her, he decides to jump up off of the bed and "answer his phone"  - which wasn't ringing - where he proceeds to have an entirely impromtu, imaginary conversation with his brother before then explaining to her that his sister in law has wrongfully accused his brother of cheating on her and thrown him out of their house at this late hour and he is on his way, distraught, to my friends flat.

The girl begins to explain that she is happy to stay, doesn't have work the following day anyway and is even willing to help console my friends brother because the situation sounds terrible.

My friend thanks her for her kind offer but explains that he thinks its probably best she heads home and they can pick things up another day to which she remains insistent that she will stay and will even just watch TV in his room whilst he's speaking with his brother if that would be less awkward.

Realising that his brother isn't coming and he is somewhat backed into a corner, my friend decides rather than doubling down with more lies to come clean, admit that he made that all up and confront her on the affronting odours to which she begins shouting and screaming angrily at him as she gets half dressed and leaves whilst also calling him a number of homophobic slurs.

She then continues to do this as she is walking along the road away from his flat, stopping every 10 metres or so to turn and scream said slurs towards his living room window at the top of her lungs as the occasional passer by stops and looks up to his flat also.

My friend then strips his freshly changed sheets from the bed due to the still present residual smells however becomes aware that the smell has now infiltrated the duvet itself somehow as well as one of his pillows, resulting in a 1am trip to the 24/7 ASDA in search of replacements.

He did get a message apologising the following day and asking whether he wanted to meet again however he decided against it.

Edited by Jonny Vegas