Is it love you're after, or just a good time?

Arthur B. Funky

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, Rule One said:

And to get this thread back on track...

A few years ago I met a woman on a night out in Liverpool and she was way out of my league but she made the first move and was like a rash on me. Initially I thought my friends has put her up to it but we agreed to meet up again and I was sure once she saw me in the daylight, that would be it.

We went on a few dates and things were going good couldn't believe my luck but I noticed that she kept calling me by a different name, Steven, here and there.

After meeting her close friends they all started calling me Steve/Steven so after a day of thinking I was the butt of a joke I asked what the deal was.

The deal was that I looked a spit of her dead ex except I wore glasses. She and her friends shown me a ton of pictures and we did look very similar but not so much that couldn't pick us apart in a line up.

We agreed to try and work on it but she just deep dived into thinking I was Steve, saving my number as Steve, tagging pictures on social media as Steve, etc. So I had to call it off. I felt like a right twat but I couldn't pretend to be someone I clearly wasn't.

We stayed in contact for a few months afterwards just so she wouldn't have a complete meltdown but I couldn't be Steve. She's doing alright now though as she got married to another guy named Steve (I don't know if that's his real name.) and had a few little Stevie's.

@Frankie Crisp Good luck with everything, as much as I enjoy the tales of dating mishaps and misadventures, I wish you all the best.

Appreciate that! Thanks Steve.