Is it love you're after, or just a good time?

Arthur B. Funky

When i lived in Oz, i might a rather lovely lady on a friday night after work.

Great craic, and great banter. 
No funny business that night but agreed to go on a date the next evening to the cinema.

Grand job.

My housemate suggested having a quick joint to steady the nerves , even though i wasnt nervous. Anyways think i had about 3/4 before i met her.

She was late so went straight in to the movie. It was transformers 2 , which i couldnt make head nor tail of.

Nor could i recall her exact name, it was either Cynthia or Silva so for the most part i just either mumbled it or didnt say it.

After one awkward drink , where i couldnt recall her name or anything that had happened in the film, She took off never to seen or heard from again.
I went back and had a few more smokes with my mates .....

Priorities eh ?  

Edited by RancidPunx

Prior to meeting my wife , i was on a dating site for about two weeks.

A woman that i matches with and had been exchanging a few messages with sent me a message  literally saying “ i saw you at your work, in through a window”.

She named the place and location and was correct. I worked in office at the time with no other tenants in the building which meant she saw me from the road....

I deleted my profile on that site, never to return.

Edited by RancidPunx

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Dai said:

Was it just me who was expecting a much better conclusion to neil's story, rather than 'so I had sex with a very attractive, 5'10 blonde'? Bad sex is still not exactly a nightmare. No payoff to the 'how did the friends meet' teaser at the start of the story either, its like LIne of Duty all over again. 😉

Yeah I can see how it was a bit of a humblebrag. But honestly it was so bad, definition of a dead fish and totally silent - I did stop at one point and ask if everything was ok and she snapped "why are you stopping?". She also bluntly told me when going down on her that "don't even bother, it does nothing for me".

I really wish I knew more about the friend. It was very strange why they were being so coy about it.

• Awards Moderator

Appreciate the offers of a date. I’ll probably take each of you up on it next time I’ve been out with a girl and accidentally set her on fire or something.

18 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Frankie needs to let us know if he ever asked out his hairdresser.  I’m guessing because he doesn’t look like Jesus he didn’t. 

I did. She no longer cuts my hair.

I had a lockdown date just before Christmas with this lovely girl I'd been chatting to on tinder. Pubs were only allowed sell takeaway drink so agreed to meet her for a hot whiskey, cos it was a lovely crisp, cold evening. 

Met her outside the pub (Palace on Fleet Street in Dublin, great pub) and was amazed she'd agreed to meet me  at all seeing as how well out of my league she was.  We got on well, good craic and so we agreed we'd have another hot whiskey and then one more. 

She was cycling home so agreed no more after that, and I chanced my arm and went for a kiss as we said our goodbyes. Again went great and minimum awkwardness after. As she was about to jump on her bike she realised she was bursting to use the toilet, of which there were none. 

After a bit of thinking she said she'd have to go down one of the horrible laneways that are behind the street, and I said I'd check the lane first and then stand guard (and whistle to muffle any wee noises) as she used the facilities.

Unfortunately as I was standing there like a weirdo in the dark, whistling, down a dank laneway, the cops cycled by and asked what the fuck I was doing. I eventually explained and they shouted for her to come out. But, unbeknownst to me she'd heard the cops arrival and knowing she had a tiny bit of weed on her, had slunk away down the other end of the lane.

So I looked like a complete an utter nutter to the two police lads and never saw yer one again as she was too embarrassed to meet me after that. I deleted tinder soon after.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Appreciate the offers of a date. I’ll probably take each of you up on it next time I’ve been out with a girl and accidentally set her on fire or something.

I did. She no longer cuts my hair.

Me and @King Pitcos offered to come and help you out, you turned us down, and now look where we are.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I’m going on a date tomorrow. Not long got off the phone with her and in a blind panic, I thought it was best to tell her that I’ve put weight on during the lockdowns. Then I panicked more and tried to recover it and went full Partridge.

“Well I’m not exactly Russell Grant but also not Barry Grant. Don’t worry, I won’t bring a gun!”

I loathe myself.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I’m going on a date tomorrow. Not long got off the phone with her and in a blind panic, I thought it was best to tell her that I’ve put weight on during the lockdowns. Then I panicked and tried to recover it and went full Partridge.

“Well I’m not exactly Russell Grant but also not Barry Grant. Don’t worry, I won’t bring a gun!”

I loathe myself.

Good luck with the date Frankie, I'm sure you'll do great.

If this thread has taught me anything it's that you should just be sure to "nuzzle" her neck. Women love that, and it definitely won't come off as creepy or weird. Definitely. 

Good luck Frankie. 

I've been single now for about five years. Had dates, but nothing that seemed to really lead to anything. After a lot of them, it was probably best to just leave dating and not pursue anything. Just concentrate on other things. Probably coming out of a long relationship I probably thought I needed stability or something, probably just some fear of adjustment.

Pretty much gave up bothering when the lockdown kicked in. Did find myself grumbling or fast scrolling through any 'couples' stuff on my socials because being isolated nagged at me a bit.

Nothing funny or probably worthwhile to add, sorry. 

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I’m going on a date tomorrow. Not long got off the phone with her and in a blind panic, I thought it was best to tell her that I’ve put weight on during the lockdowns. Then I panicked more and tried to recover it and went full Partridge.

I loathe myself.

Should have went for the happy medium.

spacer.png

• 5 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

So, it’s been a while since my last dating adventure.

I went out with a lovely girl last week after a couple of weeks of chatting and somehow, I wasn’t overly nervous. I didn’t offend her. I made her laugh. I didn’t talk about cancer.

In fact, it was a perfect, wonderful first date and I can’t wait to see her again soon ☺️

Only I can’t, because she tested positive for Covid this morning. On the day of her Nan’s funeral.

47D4911D-75E5-4C5B-9071-B1181D27A8D5.thumb.jpeg.3bd9c9f483319c6caa091ee128d34f18.jpeg

Even a good date can’t go smoothly for Christ’s sake.

• Paid Members

Since finding out my ex was leading a double life at the tail end of 2019, I've not had many dates. Mainly because COVID.  However, plenty of matches on the old bumble/tinder etc for me to get ghosted. Seems 2020 & 2021 has been rife for ghosts...

Anyway.  Last Monday, I matched with a young lady.  By Tuesday we'd exchanged numbers and were chatting on the phone till the early hours.  By Wednesday we'd arranged to go out for a drink Friday evening in Oxford and she adds me on the socials etc.

Thursday comes, and I don't hear a peep out of her until Friday afternoon where she states her friend is "ill" and she needs to watch over her so can't make the drink on Friday.  Within seconds of me wishing her friend a speedy recovery and suggesting another day, she promptly blocked me on everything to literally vanish.  
It's very weird that we've got to the stage that people are using scapegoats to get out of dates with me rather than just saying they changed their mind.

Perhaps they were also wary of the Craig David esq way it was going.