Easter Eggs

deathrey

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

About three years ago my local ASDA over ordered Mini Eggs by about four pallets worth, so ended up reducing them down to 10p a packet to get rid of them as they needed the warehouse space. I bought about a tenners worth.

They were a great couple of weeks.

Always go to Asda's the Tuesday after Easter Sunday when all the Easter eggs are dirt cheap. 

Already eaten my way through two of the 75p Cadbury eggs as my mum was buying them for my sister for her pregnancy cravings, got one of the massive Dairy Milk eggs, with the big bars, for Easter itself which should see me though a week or so. Asda are doing a 4 for ÂŁ10 deal on the 'large' ÂŁ3 eggs so heading to my local one tomorrow to see what they have left to give mum, my sister, my brother in law and my niece

Easter egg chocolate is the best! Oddly it’s really not a thing here in the states (the commercial Mars/Rolo branded big eggs) but I’m hoping I can get one from the British gift shop.

Otherwise mam will have to save me one for next time I’m home.  She must still have my 2020 egg, right...?

• Paid Members

Malteasers do those Malt-easter bunny things (which I once managed to buy on my pre-Christmas December birthday) as their "giant Malteaser" product around this and most other times of year. 

I got an After Eights easter egg one year, which was a nice dark egg with a minty flavour. Mrs Jazzy usually enjoys the after eight one, but she's been having problems with her teeth, so I don't know whether she'll want an egg this year. 

My gran got me a really nice rocky road egg one year with bits of marshmallow and the likes in it, which was really nice. Now that I can't have them because of the diabeetus she just bungs me an inordinate amount of money instead. 

4 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Cadbury are doing a Google Street view huge the egg, so I bought one and hid it somewhere important to me and the wife. Gave her a few minutes of fun, as is my way.

I saw that advertised on TV the other day! How does this work? If I was just a generous person wanting to put a smile on someone's face could I just hide one for a random member of the public to find?

• Paid Members

Never been an Easter egg fan, personally. Much prefer the things that come out especially for easter, like Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs. I have a massive addiction to Cadbury's Caramel Eggs at the minute, and I'm going though boxfuls of them

As for the actual eggs, I've always preferred to just get a big bar of chocolate. Saying that, I've never tried any of the "luxury" ones, like the special ones Thorntons and Hotel Chocolate do, so I may be missing out there.

As for what would be my perfect Easter egg? It would have to be a big, fuck off egg shaped Thornton's Vianesse Truffle one. Its my favourite chocolate of all time and I could just see me breaking the chocolate shell, and eating the truffle with a big spoon...

I really can't stomach Creme Eggs really. I don't mind the McFlurrys but that's about it.

My fondest recent memories of Easter are buying all the discounted eggs at the local Tesco near work in London, where clearly they had far too many in stock and I guess not that many people buy them. I was getting all the massive ones with mugs and stuff for ridiculous prices for a few days after. I was gutted we didn't get to do that last year.. or this year I guess!

1 hour ago, deathrey said:

I saw that advertised on TV the other day! How does this work? If I was just a generous person wanting to put a smile on someone's face could I just hide one for a random member of the public to find?

I don't think there's actually eggs in the place on the map, it looks like you think of a place, write a clue and Cadbury/Google work some magic where when the person looks at that place on the map (you go to Google maps through a special link) there's a superimposed egg there, there's an option for £15 for when they find the egg they get sent a real one in the post, I don't think they actually hide them in the place you think of. Unless I'm misunderstanding the premise and possibly the question 

Edited by Harry Wiseau

Creme eggs are awful now, they've changed.  What happened to those big mugs that used to come with nearly all of the large top branded eggs?  That's what made the big eggs stand out on the shelves.  Of course it worked out that you were also paying about 3 quid extra for the mug. That's why the large eggs seem cheap today.