Easter Eggs

deathrey

There isn't a lot going on at the moment, and I'm not sure if we have done this before? If not, what's your go to Easter Egg? What will you be eating this year?

I love Mini Eggs so have stocked up on those for the next few months - not Mini Eggs Easter eggs, just actual Mini Eggs. I'm not a huge fan of Cadbury chocolate but love Mini Eggs so go figure.

Aside from that, I've treated myself to a Hotel Chocolat Rocky Road Easter Eggspacer.png

I have never understood why Easter Eggs aren't just massive versions of their brand.

Imagine a massive Mini Egg or an egg that was one big Malteser. Unless I've missed that they HAVE done this, in which case ignore this post.

One thing I've noticed is just how cheap they are these days. 

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I have never understood why Easter Eggs aren't just massive versions of their brand.

Imagine a massive Mini Egg or an egg that was one big Malteser. Unless I've missed that they HAVE done this, in which case ignore this post.

One thing I've noticed is just how cheap they are these days. 

This has been a question I’ve asked my entire life. The Ferrero Rocher one makes a decent effort by having the nutty outer layer but imagine if it was filled with Nutella, wafer and giant nut! Then again at a tenner a pop for a regular one I shudder to think how much the dream egg would cost.

The crunchy shell is what I think makes Mini Eggs special (and why non-Cadbury ones are crap as the shell is always too thin). Whilst doing my online supermarket shop last week, I noticed that they have done a Terry's Chocolate Orange variation of the Mini Egg, something I need to try.

Edited by deathrey

14 minutes ago, deathrey said:

The crunchy shell is what I think makes Mini Eggs special (and why none Cadbury ones are crap as the shell is always too thin). Whilst doing my online supermarket shop last week, I noticed that they have done a Terry's Chocolate Orange variation of the Mini Egg, something I need to try.

I've just looked these up. Not sure about them to be honest, will have to buy a bag to make sure. 

• Paid Members

My wife will get me an egg, around the £8-£10 mark which is normally a medium ish size egg with some bars chucked in. Last year it was a Reece’s Egg with 2 packs of peanut butter cups. They are con if you look at the weight of the egg itself. Your basically paying a premium for the box and a couple of bars. I’d much rather have 8-10 of the £1 Cadbury button eggs then 1 of those instead.

also the ranking, for big brands, goes

1- Cadbury 

2- Mars/Galaxy

3 - Nestle

did not qualify - Kinnertons. Fuck that shit