Easter Eggs

deathrey

• Paid Members

I see they've started with the "they don't put Easter in the boxes any more, it's disgoosting" chat again, in spite of it having been a thing for around a decade.

My mum was almost about to express disgust at me because she'd seen Ramadan themed advent style calendars at her local supermarket the other day until I remarked what a clever bit of marketing it was, and how it'd be a good way to help people observe the festival. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I'd always go for an Easter egg with a mug given the chance. I've got a Buffy one, a Lost one, a Muppets one and possibly a Batman one that all came from Easter eggs and I've had for years. A new mug AND a whole bunch of chocolate? Yes please.

Tesco this year have a Mini Eggs egg and mug combo and it even has Mr Cadbury’s Parrot on it!

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Tesco this year have a Mini Eggs egg and mug combo and it even has Mr Cadbury’s Parrot on it!

Those fuckers are more like egg cups. In the 80s and early 90s they used to be the size of soup mugs. The Smarties ones were anyway.

200.gifRemember when cups with Easter eggs were this big?? Remember that? SPANGLES!!!!

I think my Lost cup came from an Easter bundle, perhaps it was the same one as the previously mentioned one. The lack of cup makes sense as to why they seem so much cheaper now. 

• Awards Moderator
7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think my Lost cup came from an Easter bundle, perhaps it was the same one as the previously mentioned one. The lack of cup makes sense as to why they seem so much cheaper now. 

5EC55243-872E-443A-9C4F-49260EFC26AC.thumb.jpeg.fc6f1e03358897b93b58fbf69cc90ce5.jpeg

If it looks like this, it’s an Easter egg mug. I think I got mine 2008 from Woolworths, and I don’t know why I remember it in that level of detail.

I bet it was a Kinnerton @scratchdj.

I was laid in my bed last night unable to fall asleep, thinking about giant Easter Eggs that I think Superbacon mentioned earlier in the thread and Ferrero Rocher are really missing a trick here. They could do the outside hazlenutty chocolate shell with just the wafer on the inside or with a thin layer of nutella along with the wafer. It would be great. 

• Paid Members
On 3/25/2021 at 4:46 PM, johnnyboy said:

People should buy Jesus approved ones if it genuinely bothers them.

(Cadbury also put it on the box - contains 1 Easter Egg)

Covid restrictions are probably going to be relaxed to the point that I can't wolf down the whole crate of my Chrisso eggs myself and I will have to drop them off to people :( 

Screenshot_20210325_163433_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

I for one am glad we can all celebrate the day Jesus hatched from his chocolate egg. 

• Paid Members

I remember I saw a Cadbury’s Creme Egg Easter egg in a shop when was a kid and I genuinely thought it’d just be a massive version of a standard one. Full of loads of that sickly filling and you’d have to eat it with a spoon. I’ve never really liked Creme Eggs so it sounded gross to me. But I still wanted one just to see inside it and see how heavy it must be etc. My sister got one. What a letdown. 

Edited by wandshogun09

20 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I remember I saw a Cadbury’s Creme Egg Easter egg in a shop when was a kid and I genuinely thought it’d just be a massive version of a standard one. Full of loads of that sickly filling and you’d have to eat it with a spoon. I’ve never really liked Creme Eggs so it sounded gross to me. But I still wanted one just to see inside it and see how heavy it must be etc. My sister got one. What a letdown. 

I feel a bit sick just looking at it.

lCxKekOL6lxQHh0rt6Q3XTyD8MCazqZMiznAzUTY