What wrestlers are cool?

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, FlushFunk said:

Cards, beer, whisky. Not giving a f.

Undertaker & BSK undoubtedly cool as they come.

Flair obviously.

Fuck that. Any one who gives themselves the nickname Bone Skull Krew and has matching tattoos is not cool. Especially when most of them were jobbers living in The Kliqs shadow.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Sod that. My definition of cool doesn't stretch nearly far enough to include "Make A Difference Fatu playing dominoes with Henry Godwinn".

What about Dennis Knight and The Sultan instead? 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Sod that. My definition of cool doesn't stretch nearly far enough to include "Make A Difference Fatu playing dominoes with Henry Godwinn".

Comparing the size of my knife with the rest of the Bash Street Kids is definitely my idea of cool.

I think this thread mainly exposes that wrestling fans probably aren’t the best judge of who’s “cool”. Not a knock on anyone as I’d include myself in the above as well, but when I think of describing a wrestler as cool I always think how would they be viewed outside of our wrestling bubble to the general public and non wrestling fans as such, and purely down to being a wrestler most of who has been said in here wouldn’t be seen as anything approaching cool.

On that criteria though (and again it’s just my criteria really but I think to be seen as cool it’d have to reach people outside the bubble) I’d say The Rock is the obvious one and Batista considering he’s a bit of a megastar these days.

John Cena was just the ultimate back in 2005 among my non wrestling mates but not sure how he’d be viewed these days.

Austin would be another obvious one, whether we agree or not knowing what we know, to the bloke on the street seeing what Austin did and how he looks he’s pretty much the coolest bloke alive.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Doog said:

John Cena was just the ultimate back in 2005 among my non wrestling mates but not sure how he’d be viewed these days.

Genuinely curious to how old you are. 

That's absolutely not a criticism or piss-taking. That just means something very different for a 14-year-old to a 25-year-old.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Doog said:

No fucking way any non wrestling fans in 2005 ever in a million years thought John Cena was cool. No chance.

You're confusing popularity with coolness.