What wrestlers are cool?

LaGoosh

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Was anyone from WoS cool? 

This was my era and was desperately trying to come up with someone.

The presentation was so old fashioned that anyone involved was uncool by association.

Did Regal and Finlay become cool in the US?

Back on WoS, 8 year old me thought Kung Fu was cool but my dad laughed hysterically when he was introduced as being from Rhyl. So probably not cool.

No sleight on Rhyl intended.

80's Hart Foundation Bret Hart.

Loose Cannon era Brian Pillman is a great pick.

I'd actually say Eddie Kingston for this. As I've said Kingston was always a heard of not seen of before AEW for me and he's absolutely staggering. Cool as fuck, conflicted arsehole who can't help but get his mouth in trouble. He deserves to be in something better than wrestling to be honest. Captivating bloke to watch, gets you feeling it for real.

The Rock is someone who often seems cool in the moment that in hindsight couldn't be less cool.

Cena at One Night Stand was pretty cool. Although I also think that him not giving a fuck about dressing up in gaudy colours with his name splashed everywhere makes him pretty cool but I know I'm probably alone on that.

Batista was briefly pretty cool, didn't last though. 

1 hour ago, Chili said:

80's Hart Foundation Bret Hart.

Loose Cannon era Brian Pillman is a great pick.

I'd actually say Eddie Kingston for this. As I've said Kingston was always a heard of not seen of before AEW for me and he's absolutely staggering. Cool as fuck, conflicted arsehole who can't help but get his mouth in trouble. He deserves to be in something better than wrestling to be honest. Captivating bloke to watch, gets you feeling it for real.

I adore Eddie but seeing him being a speccy nerd over All Japan on Twitter drops his cool points, he becomes too much of "one of us".

Speaking of Japan.. Yuki Kamifuku from TJPW just has a coolness about her.

spacer.png

Edited by Merzbow

Eddie Kingston, Miro, the Usos, Heyman, Kevin Owens, Asuka, Orange Cassidy, Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey are cool.

I really want to put Moxley on this list but he occasionally tries a bit hard. Lynch is lucky to make it on now that we know she's going out with uber-geek Seth Rollins and all.

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Now, compare this to Randy Savage, who posed similarly for a picture, but manages to make it look like he actually was just hanging out there and chilling, relaxin' all cool. There's a confidence in just being who you are that I think is much cooler - not necessarily the effortless cool, but cool nonetheless.

CCShuePWMAAXbzD.jpg.d4f5706b9e787b9112daa14deb5f3076.jpg

There is picture of Savage sitting on a wall with the WWE championship under his legs, he is wearing jeans and a vest and it seems to be sunset. He looks like the coolest fucker that ever lived. 

7 hours ago, garynysmon said:

They went from being known as LAX to fucking "Proud and Powerful"?! Bloody hell....

Its mad how Shawn Michaels was considered 'cool' in the mid 90's, yet that only goes to show how uncool wrestling and wrestling fans were/are in general.

Fucking state of that. No wonder kids were bullied for watching this shite.

wwf_kingofthering95_hbk.png

Shawn gets automatically disqualified from this thread for being a Blackburn Rovers supporter.

Edited by 5pints

Denim over leather jacket Triple H circa 2001. Teenage me was convinced it was the coolest look going, and it being key in my attempts at talking to girls I fancied. Glad I had no money whatsoever to follow up on that thought and buy me own version!

fd02ded46af4d1d97d9f335042a8a984.jpg

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I mean, just look at this.

Still gives me the feels every time. I love Survivors '96. What a 1-2 punch combo at the top of the card that was. It's a crying shame that Sid got as much shit as he did from the sheets over the years. Same for Luger. 

I've always felt Goldberg and American Bad Ass Undertaker had an old school ass kicking coolness about them. 

Surfer Sting and original Crow Sting were both very cool in different ways.

Heel Rock was cool as fuck. When his insults were heelish and looked and acted really cool.

Totally agree with Nash, Razor, Macho, Pillman, Scotty Steiner, Austin, Bret, Jeff Hardy & RVD.

The coolest guys don't act like marks who are just happy to be there. 

Edited by IronSheik