What wrestlers are cool?

LaGoosh

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Genuinely curious to how old you are. 

That's absolutely not a criticism or piss-taking. That just means something very different for a 14-year-old to a 25-year-old.

No I get you, I’ve recently turned 33 so would’ve been 17 back in 2005 when Cena was rising to prominence. Maybe it says more about me and my mates being so uncool but he was the only wrestler they always asked me about, it was around the time his CD came out, and whilst I didn’t personally like it, the fact it was a rap CD drew them in and even the hand gesture was used a few times. I dunno, I think he was fairly decent around this time, but that was just the vibe from the few non wrestling fans I knew and talked too.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

No fucking way any non wrestling fans in 2005 ever in a million years thought John Cena was cool. No chance.

You're confusing popularity with coolness.

Are they not linked somewhat? Not always of course but generally if you’re really into someone and like them a lot, especially a genre you otherwise have no interest in, then you generally think they’re cool to like them.

I’ve never been the coolest cat myself and neither were said mates so like I say it probably says more about us but Cena was the man back then.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Ah yeah, sideburns and trackies Rock was the coolest fucker ever. Far cry from the shit John Cena version of the last several years.

He lost cool points in my school for wearing 2 stripe Aribas from the market.

Rick Rude was cool as they come and I still think had the best body in the business bar none & of course Mr Perfect. Can you get cooler than the chewing gum swat & the towel throw/catch with Heenan?

Warlord could have been all sorts of bad ass cool too. How he never became a mega heal I’ll never know, oh yeah the steroid trial wasn’t it?

Think we’ll all forgetting Johnny B.Badd & 2 Cold Scorpio as well