What wrestlers are cool?

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Inspired by Shawn Michaels dressed like a chandelier- who did you think was cool that in hindsight really fucking isn't?

Demolition. Looked awesome for wrestlers but... yeah, you wouldn’t dress like that, even in 1988.

The Road Warriors were cool as fuck, especially during their early runs. Walking to the ring with their game faces on looking hardy as fuck.

Kerry Von Erich had a charismatic coolness.

Bray Wyatt old gimmick with that amazing theme tune was cool as fuck.

NWA / Georgia Championship Wrestling, jet flying Ric Flair was as cool as you get in the 1980s.

Edited by IronSheik

• Paid Members

I remember thinking mid-late 90s Raven and Konnan were just the coolest. Raven seems like an absolute try hard dweeb now. Konnan  is clearly a try hard as well but I still think its cool.

Other one I felt was cool was Eddie Guerrero, the slimy greasy heel who didn't care was cool as you like all the way through to when he sadly passed. Always maintained a coolness. 

Edited by ElCece

51 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Lynch is shacked up with Seth Rollins, the least cool person on the planet, so therefore she cannot possibly be cool.

I agree Rollins isn't cool, but Becky is still a cool lassie.

UNcool list:

CM Punk, Hulk Hogan (yellow & red), Paul Heyman, Chris Jericho, John Morrison, the Miz, entire AEW roster, entire WWE roster excluding the women, Lesner and Orton. 

Edited by IronSheik

Becky was definitely cool during that period where she was accidently being booked like a star. Soon as she got the cookie cutter babyface push it faded. That apology angle was so fucking stupid and illogical I've always read it as HHH and the McMahons being insecure weirdos, 'humbling' Becky for getting over, before sandbagging all of her momentum.

Io Sharai's pretty cool.

Wardlow's the coolest guy in AEW.

Minuro Suzuki's cool on an intimidating level. Genichiro Tenryu was even cooler.

But yeah, I think the ultimate answer is Brian Pillman.

5 minutes ago, IronSheik said:

Good one. Godfather is one of the coolest guys walking the planet.

Legit.

I’ve enjoyed all his gimmicks bar The Goodfather. Even Kama The SFM had wickedly heelish moments.

I still think there was a placed for an evolved Shango in the Attitude era too. Would have been a perfect fit in the Ministry.