Collectors

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I spoke to my bemused mate about wordsfromlee collecting shopping lists last night and he revealed that when his missus isn't looking he adds stuff to her shopping lists like 'strap on' and 'doubled ender'. So it makes me wonder how colourful these lists get in general?

Someone wrote about collecting shopping lists on here a year or two ago and it inspired me to stop writing mine on my phone and start doing then on paper and leaving them in Trollies in case and local collectors wanted them. The thing was because I was conscious of what I was doing I made a point of using my own slang terms for items and after a couple of months I felt I was cheating the collectors, like I was making forgeries or something so I went back to doing them on my phone. I do have a cheeky look when there's one at the bottom of the trolley but I never take them.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, DEF said:

Glorious autographed photo of Maxwell Caulfield aka what they say if they knew he was Michael

FB_IMG_1611912163025.jpg.b79df5a837e366c8f5376e18ba08d871.jpg

This is indeed glorious. Rex Manning spoiled it though.

Grease 2 is very underrated in my opinion and I absolutely love ‘Girl For All Seasons’ and ‘Cool Rider’ - the latter being responsible for a memory I have of being a bit drunk in a backwater Australian town singing this very loud and dancing down the street with a Scottish girl I met.

3 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I collect Slipknot memorabilia. I recently spent a fierce, almost ignorant amount of money from my inheritance on the Iowa vinyl. 

I am 41 years old. 

I have that! Still got the poster in it too. I didn't realise it went for so much money. I've no intention of selling it like. I've got a small Slipknot collection. I caught Paul's wristband at the Manchester show in December 2008. That's probably my favourite item. That and the Slipknot mini frisbee that came with Metal Hammer. 

My main collections are action figures and CDs. I unintentionally began collecting t shirts last year too. Unbelievably, I'm married and have fathered a child. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Here's a couple of favourites that I just grabbed, including one that isn't a shopping list, but I did find it in a basket.

Hide contents

BlHHK7v.jpg

EUeifPp.jpg

SWvB9Gx.jpg

sIHv8KJ.jpg

Another thing I collect is old BBC Sound Effect records. I only have a handful at the minute.

16hNvE4.jpg

Opened my eyes to a new world of fear, amusement and amazement. I’ve volunteered to do the shop tomorrow.

The sound effects vinyls are brilliant. Those sleeves are so nice. I had the purple one as we used to collect similar for sampling back in early 00’s, before stuff was available digitally. I have got a 80’s BBC TV theme one too. 

• Paid Members
On 1/29/2021 at 9:25 PM, Monkee said:

This is indeed glorious. Rex Manning spoiled it though.

Grease 2 is very underrated in my opinion and I absolutely love ‘Girl For All Seasons’ and ‘Cool Rider’ - the latter being responsible for a memory I have of being a bit drunk in a backwater Australian town singing this very loud and dancing down the street with a Scottish girl I met.

Maxwell Caulfield was literally wearing a wig when he was doing "Grease 2". It's mental.