Collectors

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Anybody collect anything to the point of near lunacy? No wrestling stuff please.

Aside from the obvious Adidas, I've started collecting ketchups. I like to tell myself it happened by accident but let's face it, life isn't going to get any more exciting than this.

I found one called Rubies in the Rubble, I haven't tried it yet though but I suspect it won't live up to its name.

• Paid Members

The past year I've built up a tidy little collection of mugs based on tv shows/films. Bit gutted I had to retire my Brooklyn 99 NYPD one as in the summer it started to look increasingly Blue Lives Matter, but my new Parks and Rec mug is doing a decent job as a replacement. There's definitely a gap in the market there somewhere as most of the designs are terrible, finding one that is half-decent is a challenge.

Richard Yates is my favourite author so anytime I see any of his books I'll pick it up. I've got about 6 editions of Revolutionary Road. They have to be from a used bookstore or a carboot or something though, using Amazon or Waterstones is just cheating.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Aside from the obvious Adidas, I've started collecting ketchups. I like to tell myself it happened by accident but let's face it, life isn't going to get any more exciting than this.

Got a Polish supermarket nearby? They've loads of variants of Ketchup. Aside from the obvious ones with pics (like garlic or chilli) its just a bit of a bugger to tell what's what. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Got a Polish supermarket nearby? They've loads of variants of Ketchup. Aside from the obvious ones with pics (like garlic or chilli) its just a bit of a bugger to tell what's what. 

Yeah, there are a couple of skleps in Stockport town centre, but I think they're shut at the moment. My brother's got a Polish girlfriend so I can send her some pictures and get her to advise me.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Other people’s discarded shopping lists that I find in supermarkets. I have over 200 at the minute. Here is a selection:

2-F82-E84-F-19-E8-4-BC7-B772-08089-FF0-C

My favourite though, the essentials:

76-D9-F536-20-B8-446-F-A755-6-C1-F7-B714

This needs it's own thread, with regular updates. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Other people’s discarded shopping lists that I find in supermarkets. I have over 200 at the minute. Here is a selection:

2-F82-E84-F-19-E8-4-BC7-B772-08089-FF0-C

My favourite though, the essentials:

76-D9-F536-20-B8-446-F-A755-6-C1-F7-B714

Sod a podcast, this needs a Netflix special. Somewhere between Doomsday Preppers and Making a Murder.

• Paid Members

Other than my geeky DC merch.

I spend alot of hours out in farmers fields with a metal detector looking for stuff. I have a collection of old coins and random bits of stuff.  Never found anything of real worth but did get a Sliver wedding ring taken to the British Museum last year and declared as "treasure" turned out to be silver and from the 1400s. Needless to say they didnt want it and gave it back.

Edited by quote the raven