WWE Announces next 3 wrestlemanias

poetofthedeed

• Paid Members

Yeah, they stopped number Mania a few years back because they don't like the idea of it feeling old? I'd imagine they'd mention it's the 40th one, or like at 25 they'd mistakenly say it was the "40th anniversary of Wrestlemania". 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

It's a remarkable turn around. Reckon Vince has gone a bit Howard Hughes/'Spruce Moose' Mr Burns?

Financially, it's been an incredible year for WWE. Touring brings a lot of costs as well as benefits - according to the Wrestlenomics podcast (which is really good), the savings they made from being in one location have been ridiculous. 

I'd suggest it's far less to do with Vince taking Covid super-seriously, and more to do with it making them enormous amounts of money.

28 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I'm assuming it's for ease of access for internal and international flights but I wish they would go to some different places. Texas, California and Florida have had a fair few WMs over the years. Surely there are other places that would be good host cities? 

I remember reading something about it being to do with the weather in those cities, due to the shows being held in an open air stadium. Can’t have it pissing down with rain the whole time. 

On the topic of fan attendance I don't generally watch or follow NFL however I caught some of a highlights show this week where they mentioned that all fans im attendance had to take a Covid test at their own expense and confirm a negative test result in order to gain entry.

Perhaps WWE will have something similar in place in order to accomodate fans with the least possible amount of risk attached.

My wifes work are giving every staff member two of the 15 minute result tests every week to take home and use at their discretion so I can't imagine they're hugely expensive? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

I'm assuming it's for ease of access for internal and international flights but I wish they would go to some different places. Texas, California and Florida have had a fair few WMs over the years. Surely there are other places that would be good host cities? 

My vote would be for Indianapolis. I was there in 2019 and I loved it there - very cool, underrated city. It's pretty much the heart of the Midwest too. 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:00 AM, Kfogg1991 said:

Yeah i would totally and respectfully disagree and say I do prefer a big spectacle 1 big show like we have had every year than broken up into 2 4 hour shows. I think splitting it up takes away from the fact it's the biggest show of the year and takes that spectacle away. It's completely my opinion and maybe you feel different but the whole point of the royal rumble is to crown a winner and that winner gets to fight for the title in the main event on the biggest show of the year. But that is sort of a null and void point now because there are 2 main events so even if you don't win the royal rumble your still in with a chance of being able to main event a wrestlemania show.

Like has been said, the royal rumble winner isn't guaranteed to go on last these days anyway.

But, surely having two nights of Wrestlemania for this stipulation would be better anyway now there is two rumbles, the winner of the Women's rumble can headline night one, and the winner of the Men's could headline night two?

15 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Raiders are now in Vegas in a new stadium. 

Vegas would be a great shout, that new stadium is looking stunning and I'm sure the glitz and glamour of Vegas would be great around Mania. I think having one in Vegas would be about the only thing that might tip me to go live these days,

15 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

On the topic of fan attendance I don't generally watch or follow NFL however I caught some of a highlights show this week where they mentioned that all fans im attendance had to take a Covid test at their own expense and confirm a negative test result in order to gain entry.

Perhaps WWE will have something similar in place in order to accomodate fans with the least possible amount of risk attached.

My wifes work are giving every staff member two of the 15 minute result tests every week to take home and use at their discretion so I can't imagine they're hugely expensive? 

I think this has been the case for all AEW fans and I'm guessing NXT as well.

Going back to the previous talk of one day or two days. If they couldn't have anyone in attendance I would even prefer they did it as a bloody week long event with an hour each night including one match and a bit of extended build...Wrestlemania the miniseries...they could go on and on about it being the most bingeworthy thing on TV but promote that you have to tune in every night showing more buzz words and terms they lack any understanding of!

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Vegas would be a great shout, that new stadium is looking stunning and I'm sure the glitz and glamour of Vegas would be great around Mania. I think having one in Vegas would be about the only thing that might tip me to go live these days,

It better be in the car park of Caesars Palace, Roman Coliseum or nothing.